1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Putting the plow away yet??

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by roblandscape, Feb 25, 2004.

Time to take off the plow? No Mo Snow??

Poll closed Mar 6, 2004.
  1. Yeah I think its time to take off good ol money maker.

35 vote(s)
  2. Heck no!!! Mo Sno is on the way....

63 vote(s)
  1. roblandscape

roblandscape Senior Member
    from Phila

I know I don't live in the snowiest area but I think its time to take off good ol faithfull:cry: :cry:
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2004
  2. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

It's been off for 3 weeks now!!!! The hubs are unlocked at the same time. I thought you meant put it in the back of the garage. It sits ready to attach to the truck through April.Then when the wife starts complaining I put it in the garage. Anymore I don't put it on till the snow's ankle deep.
  3. roblandscape

roblandscape Senior Member
    from Phila

I mean, get the plow ready for storage till next season:cry:
  4. QMVA

QMVA Senior Member

The weather here is alot warmer but Im not losing faith we always have a heat wave and then a few more storms.
  5. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

mine comes off the second i finish plowing snow with it or even if i have to travel a long distance (over 30 miles) during a snowstorm. When i take it off it goes up against the back wall of my garage in front of my mothers car. My mother and father park in the garage and the truck goes outside. November 1st to late april its redy to attach just move the car and drive truck in. After i wash the plow good in late april early may i will put it at the back of my fathers side of the garage where the "summer stuff" is now. Eventually over the summer i will put abunch of stuff in front of the plow and you won't even be able to see it until next winter. I always get the plow out early and put it away late. I don't live in the snowiest area in the world either but you gatta be redy especially when customers rely on you. So as far as putting the plow away now in late feb??? ... the thought would never cross my mind, better to have it out and not need it than put it away and dig it out when a late season snow comes. Until it consistantly stops going below freezing on a regular basis you should be prepared.
  6. GPB

GPB Member

Store the plow away now? Why? Its only February. We still have 2 more months of snow here in Minnesota. Its usually mid to late April before I can get away with putting it away for the summer. But it has been warm the last 2 weeks. Hope its not a sign of things to come.
  7. Crumm

Crumm Senior Member

It is snowing here right now. Looking forward to May when it will be over....for this year
  8. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

My plow is off I even questioned taking my spreader off with 50 degree temps coming but saw this from the local weather guy and decided to hold off...

NBC30-a strangely quiet weather pattern will continue for several more days...beware of March however...there are signals the weather pattern may take a stormy, cold turn once again...Brad

still hope:)
  9. Big Nate's Plowing

Big Nate's Plowing PlowSite.com Addict

ditto, I might hook up to grade some gravel drives out but thats it
  10. thomasjkt

thomasjkt Member

I ain't given up on the snow :angel: yet
  11. bgingras

bgingras Senior Member

I've had it off for 2 weeks, moslty for heavy mainatainance, axle U joints, rotors, drag link, shocks, the list goes on...oh man this winter is now in the red.
  12. dan deutekom

dan deutekom Member

Not till mid April. I can count on at least 2 events in March and possibly 1 in early April.
  13. 85F150

85F150 Senior Member

it is sitting right in front of where i park, because there will be another plowable snow yet this year.....i won't be concinced until march is done and gone. Then the plow lights and hydraulics come off and the tube/winch bumper goes on.
  14. gt_racer50

gt_racer50 Senior Member
    from Ohio

I think we in Central Ohio, can put this winter in the books and close them. They just changed the long range forcast again and I don't see much promise. Who would have ever thought that the winter would be over on Feb 9? I mean this is crazy. We never even got more than 3" in any one storm this year. If you can even call that a storm.:realmad:
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2004
  15. kipcom

kipcom Senior Member
    from Indiana

Its over in the Ohio valley > Indiana-Ohio-Illinois < We start mulching and clean-ups next week. If..... IF we get more snow it will be no more than a freak storm. Time to think GREEN. Have a great summer :waving:

16. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

i just got a plow dolly im just taking blade off for now were warm here but not done yet
  17. Luppy

Luppy Senior Member

I keep the plow off until it snows cuz its easy enough to hook her up when the flakes fly. No way do I think we are done with snow here. Having a heat wave now, but reality will strike before spring arrives.

Chris, where did you buy your plow dolly? I've been thinking about getting one of those.

18. streetsurfin'

streetsurfin' Senior Member

They are a giood idea. I bought a set of snowmobile dollys from northern, three piece set.
  19. ZR2plower

ZR2plower Member

I think I can do them in my sleep with as many times as I have replaced them on my father's trucks. Just did one today and will be doing the other side as soon as we get another u-joint. We keep extra axles on hand because half the time when the u-joint blows it takes the axle with it...like todays adventure.:( Oh yeah, plenty of snow to come up this way. My plow frame stays on until mid April.
  20. sonjaab

sonjaab PlowSite.com Addict

Up here in the Syracuse area we can expect our annual
    March Blizzard. The plow and truck have been resting
    this week with our 50 degree thaw.

But we are gonna get MORE....March in like a lamb,
    out like a LION !..........geo