1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Putting Suburbanite on 93 S-10 Blazer

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by wildluvracing, Jan 3, 2011.

1. wildluvracing

wildluvracing Junior Member
    from Iowa

Hi, I am new to this site and new to snow plowing. I bought a used Suburbanite and going to put it on my 1993 S-10 Blazer. It was just the plow side as the guy who I bought it from had it on a 2003 Ranger, was in an accident last fall and the truck was totalled. Damaged the mount and had an electrical fire and burned up the harness and control. Today I went to a Western dealer and bought the vehicle harness, soleniod, and battery cable harness. The guy gave me the harness with the 3 pin connector and also the 3 pin harness on the plow side. I didn't take the light harness yet as I want to make sure the plow is going to work before spending more money. Here is my question. Tonight I hooked up the harness and plugged it all in. I don't have the mount yet but have one ordered and is suppose to be here by the end of the week. When I got it all plugged in and tried it, nothing happen. Do I need the light harness? The guy at the dealer said I didn't. I noticed that when I plugging in the battery cable harness into the plow harness it made a snapping noise. Could it be possible that the motor is bad? The plow has sat for the last couple years. Sorry for being so long winded. Thanks in advance for the help. Joe