1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

putting plow on a chevy that was on a ford what will i need

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by vortec5.7, Jul 31, 2009.

1. vortec5.7

vortec5.7 Member

hi i just got a mm2 that was on a 2004 f250 im putting it on a 2008 2500 hd chevy i got both the plow and truck side. my local store is trying 2 give me the run around because i didnt buy it from them :realmad: i was wondering if some of you could help me out what can i use off the ford on my chevy any help will be great
  2. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

I just did the reverse... picked up a 2008 fisher v plow and put it on my 3500 2006 gmc ( I had a 8' straight blade).... in terms of push plates they changed the design so theres 2 styles for the ford 2004's... you 'd have to call the dealer to find out which ones you have... that said all I needed to install the "ford" v plow to my "gmc" was a headlight harness adaptor to a cost of $27 plus the labor costs... costs me $160 to switch everything over... then again I could reuse my push plates which saved a good chunk of change....

THERIGHTPLOW4U Junior Member
    from NH

There are two parts that you would need. The attachment (7169) chevy- The Ford is (7173) and the headlight harness Chevy (29400-2) and Ford (29050) Everything else is the same. This is for 8ft
  4. vortec5.7

vortec5.7 Member

thanks 4 the help guys