1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Putting Plow on 2004 Chevy 1500

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by CashinH&P, Jan 17, 2012.

1. CashinH&P

CashinH&P Senior Member

I have a MM1 7'6" that is set up for my grandpas truck. He gave me the plow but would still like to be able to use it if he wants too ( I will most likely end up plowing his drive way any way). So that beibg said what do I need to do to get the plow installed on my truck, and how much can I expect to pay for this. If any one from NH can give me some insight on were to get it done that would be good too. I had posted in the commercial plow area but they told me to cme here for a better answer. I am new this so bare with me while im learning haha

2. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

Where in new hampshire are you located? Depending where you are I have a friend that installs them. I bought my setup used save money if you can find a setup for your truck Welcome to plowsite!

3. CashinH&P

CashinH&P Senior Member

I am in manchester but I dont mind driving to get it installed.

4. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

Installing isn't that hard if you can follow directions and are mechanically inclined. In the signature of this post is contact info for Lang's Corner Garage in Rye, NH; just outside of Portsmouth. Call and talk to Paul or Tyler. You'll be hard pressed to beat their part prices, and service. If you want to have them do the install; they do meticulous work. Once you see their setup...you'll know why I speak so highly of them.

5. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

Ryan I found him a used setup in the same town he lives $325 pushplates, $395 wiring except controller.I've got to determine if his plow has to be converted.I've done a 2001 and 2006 2500HD install and its pretty simple. I work for a ford dealer but I know the gms better :)

Last edited: Jan 18, 2012
  6. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

Used is by far cheaper, although I personally like to get the lighting harnesses new, unless of coarse they're in mint condition.

7. CashinH&P

CashinH&P Senior Member

Thanks guys I am going to check the plow out today to see if it is a 2 or 3 plug and go from there.

8. ieetgluu

ieetgluu Member

You could try Donovan Equipment in Londonderry I believe. Should be somewhat close for you.