1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Putting on the chains

Discussion in 'Storm Pictures' started by kubota00, Dec 20, 2007.

1. kubota00

kubota00 Junior Member

Putting on the chains. These tires are for bad on snow particularly off road plowing this tractor plows mostly gravel roads. These chains weigh about 80 pounds each, so I roll the chain over the top of the tire, hook the inside first. I use the rope to hold the inside chain against the tire when I move the tire around. The stabilizers make good jacks

DSCN1289.jpg

DSCN1290.jpg

DSCN1292.jpg

DSCN1295.jpg

DSCN1302.jpg

2. TEX

TEX Senior Member

seems like you have that down pretty good. thanks for the pics

3. ameyerman

ameyerman Senior Member

awsome setup. what's up with the yellow paint on the western? like it cool. prsport

4. BETHELSKIER

BETHELSKIER Senior Member

Nice tractor, looks like you have some snow up there!

5. kubota00

kubota00 Junior Member

Ameyerman

You have a good eye, the Western is Mass. Pike yellow. I found the place the Turnpike. gets their plow basted and painted and just put mine in the pile. The price was right

Dave

6. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

I saw this pic a while back and thought it was great. Whats wrong here?

mustang.jpg

Last edited: Dec 21, 2007
  7. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

Rear wheel drive car????????

8. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

That was an easy one, but apparently not obvious, atleast two people think its FWD

9. fans

fans Junior Member

Interestingly enough

The rescue squad where I used to live put chains on the front wheels of the Ford Econoline Van ambulances they had. Seems there was enough weight in the back with all the equipment that there wasn't a lack of traction on the drives, but a lack of steering control on the front. Seemed to work for them.

For these folks however, if they have the sense to be able to put on chains you'd think they would know it's RWD. Maybe they thought the same as the rescue squad.

10. TurbDies2500

TurbDies2500 Senior Member

pretty sweet setup.