1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Putting old plow on new truck

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Nhcraig, Sep 10, 2015.

1. Nhcraig

Nhcraig Junior Member

I have a 2004 Chevy half ton. Can I put the plow from that truck on a new 2015 half ton Chevy truck? Thanks in advance.

2. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

What plow? Have checked to see if mounts are available or wiring for the new truck?

3. nealybird

nealybird Senior Member

sure you can. It will be a different mount, and you'll need a different headlight harness kit, and softstart module probably.

4. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

If any manufacturer ain't got a mount or a wiring kit for a 2015 truck, they shouldn't be in business

Western thread....lol

5. kimber750

Do they make an unimount for a 2015?

6. 1olddogtwo

Don't know where uni came from but yes, you can mount a uni with conversion kit

7. jerseydrew

jerseydrew Senior Member
    from jersey

no they make and ultra mount and you would have to get the ultra to uni adapter. the wiring would be the only issue in this case. but he could get all the newer stuff put on the truck then convert the plow side to the 2 plug setup and then in the future if he ever wants a new plow all he would do is drive into it and plug it in with all the newer parts already on the truck.

8. kimber750

Didn't realize they made uni mount adapters for the ultra mounts. Since OP never said what plow and I have seen uni's on 04's. Guess I should stick with my Fisher and Meyer plows. Me personally, a new truck would warrant a new plow. :cool:

9. kimber750

That doesn't sound remotely cost effective to convert a uni, if that is what he has, to fleet flex.

Guess in the end asking for help and not giving all the info makes for a fun thread.

10. 1olddogtwo

I think a new plow deserves a new truck

11. jerseydrew

jerseydrew Senior Member
    from jersey

none of this is cost effective! but that solution gives him the best future with the truck.

i would (and i did this year) get a new plow for the new truck. and sell off the old stuff to recuperate some money. your looking at $2k-$2500 to make the old plow work on the new truck and then you have older equipment on it. you can sell the older equipment as a whole for probably $2500 and then looking at new plow $5-$6k depending on size and style. so to get all new equipment you are looking at $2500-$3k out of pocket.

my vote is new equipment.

12. Nhcraig

Nhcraig Junior Member

Went to dealer yesterday and will get quote tomorrow to put old plow on new truck. Plow is almost new as I only put it on 4 years ago. Otherwise I would have bought new plow.