1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Putting away Super Duty- which dolly?

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Chandlerarms, Mar 21, 2012.

1. Chandlerarms

Chandlerarms Senior Member

Hope to put away the plow for the season this weekend. Trying to figure out what will work best, and the easiest. There is a set of "1500 lbs" snowmobile dollies for $45 or I can make a custom rig with furniture dollies. If I use the furniture dollies, I think I would need a pair. One for the blade and one for the push frame. Would the sled dolly sit ok on the push frame? Is there enough are to find a spot that will sit ok?

The furniture dollies are $20 each from home depot. Think I would at a 2x2 sheet of wood for the push frame dolly to give more surface area to sit on?

Any suggestions would be appreciated- oh, it's. A 7'6" super duty
  2. maverjohn

maverjohn Senior Member

That mite be a little tippy, I put mine on a pallet and use a pallet jack to move it around. JMO
  3. Chandlerarms

Chandlerarms Senior Member

A pallet jack is not an option. I could get a hold of a pallet (for free). I could add wheels to that and reinforce the pallet. Would that me stable enough?
  4. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Where ever I drop my plow in the spring that's were it sits till Nov.
  5. USMCMP5811

USMCMP5811 Senior Member

I made a dolly out of a 4X8 sheet of plywood, a couple of 2X6's and 4 dolly/caster wheels. Cut the plywood into a semi-triagular shape that encompases the plow, re-enforced the edges with the 2x6's along with cross bracing, then put 3 of the dolly/caster wheels along the "Blade Edge" of the platform and 1 on the "head gear / stand" edge of the platform.

Got the HD dolly/cater wheels from Harbor Freight and the wood from Lowes. Cost me approx $35 and about 1/2 hour of my time, if I remember correctly.

6. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Use three of the furniture dollies
  7. m3klee

m3klee Member

I just did this myself the other day, I got 3 furniture dollys from home depot, $10 each. Then i filled the open space in the middle with some plywood pieces. I then layed a 8ft 2x4 from one dolly to the other and fastened to each. put the plow on those dollys and put the 3rd under the jack then just rolled it where I wanted to put it. Worked better than I thought it would, extremely easy to roll.
  8. show-n-go

show-n-go Senior Member

Can you post a picture of this? Im having a ahrd time picturing it in my head but i need to come up with something for mine. Thanks
  9. m3klee

m3klee Member

I left the 2x4 at 8ft because my plow is a 8ft super duty, Hope these pics help you.