1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Putting a WESTERN unimount on my chevy need a little help!

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Bigman2006, Oct 4, 2007.

1. Bigman2006

Bigman2006 Junior Member

i just bought a western unimount 7.5ft pro plow (99 model) and the guy took it off his 96 dodge 2500 but obviously that mount wont work.so i plan on putting it on a 2000 chevy 2500. any ideas on where to get a mount for it?? the guy mentioned that the wiring harness n all of that might not work either for the chevy. is that true or anyone know?? i also have an extra western wiring harness that was for a unimount to my ford would that work? THANKS!

2. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Sorry, need a new mount and wiring harness (well, used if you can find one).

Try looking on Ebay or checking the for sale section here, theres usually something on one of them.

3. Philbilly2

Philbilly2 2000 Club Member

This is gunna be a B*TCH for you man. I hate to brake it to you. The 99-02 mount is so obsolite, they are tough to find. I just one an auction on one the other day to set up a guys truck for him. They just arn't out there anymore. when they only make a mount for a few years, and those trucks are still out on the road alot, a bracket is hard to find. Took me a couple of months to get my hands on one. And, the wiring harness is not the same.

I went as far as looking for trucks for sale and asking if I can but the plow, mount, and harness off the guy. Then i would sell the plow by itself.

Sorry to bring the bad news.

The only other option you have is to buy the Uni-Mount/ Ultra-Mount conversion kit. the only problem is that Western is really proud of this product. payup payup payup

4. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

didnt even realize you were in GR. Go see Kevin Johns at Allied truck, he more than likely has the old style relay harness that you need.

email this guy, he might be able to find the mount and harness also

jay.greenleaf@sbcglobal.net

5. 6feetdeep

6feetdeep Senior Member

Not sure if its still there, but I just saw a mount on E-bay over the weekend. It was in NY. I think it was at around $200.00

6. 6feetdeep

6feetdeep Senior Member

7. Philbilly2

Philbilly2 2000 Club Member

don't bid, 1/2 ton and 3/4 ton frames are not the same. :nono: I made that mistake once alreday... Speaking of that anyone want to buy a 1/2 ton Chevy Uni-mount Frame? :mad:

8. Bigman2006

Bigman2006 Junior Member

hey i really appreciate all the feedback but my truck i was suppose to buy, some other guy offered 2 grand more than me!!! i cant compete with that lol. so ill be looking for another truck! thanks again tho!

9. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

Might as well buy a 94-02 Dodge then, makes sense to me. ;)

10. santelikk

santelikk Member

Used Uni-mount

I have a used Uni-mount frame for the 2000-2006 Chevy/GMC 2500HD. I was orginally going to use a Uni-mount plow but then found a great deal on a complete Ultra mount. I will be listing the frame on the for sale section here.
    Kevin