1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Putting a plow on my 99 1500

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by PlowMan03, Jun 30, 2007.

1. PlowMan03

PlowMan03 Senior Member
    from Maine

Well I have been thinking about putting a plow on my truck for awhile now. I am thinking about putting a 7'6" Fisher RD series, I got a price quote for a new one installed for $3800 thats with the Fish-stic control too. Should my truck have my problems with this plow or not. I am getting it to do my driveway and 2 of my friends driveways as well.
  2. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

good deal

you should have no problem's might need timbren load boosters,but other wise go for it!:salute:
  3. gotsnow?

gotsnow? Senior Member

You should have no problem, I added a Western Unimount to my 97 1500 last winter, just need to add the 2" steel coil spring lifts I found on Ebay. You'll deff. need something to keep your front end from drooping too much! With plow lifted the front of my truck dropped approx. 4 inches. Other then that, trucks strong enough for light plow! Enjoy