1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

putting a plow on a lifted ford

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by IPLOWSNO, Feb 6, 2009.

1. IPLOWSNO

IPLOWSNO PlowSite.com Addict

hey guys im looking for a truck and i would rather go new but they have some trucks that are a good buy used, so ive been looking, to see where my moneys best spent. im not in a hurry but i want the truck i want and when it exposes itself ill get it.

i came across a ford extended cab with a procomp lift with stock tires, is it extra fabrication needed to install lift? or would it be adjustable. i always wanted a bigger truck but couldnt justify working out of the back of it, but ill keep my awd van for that and plow this. any ideas on this.or go new?

2. nbenallo33

nbenallo33 Senior Member

if your plowing snow i wouldnt put a lift or buy one with a lift!...

3. Scott's

Scott's Senior Member

Why? I have a lifted truck and its great.

4. Snow2Go

Snow2Go Senior Member
    from Chi

I have a 5 inch lift with 35s mine "worked" grerat

5. nbenallo33

nbenallo33 Senior Member

alot of times with lifted trucks if you put the mount where it is supose to go the blade will lift up on one end at a full angle... now if you customize your mout to drop it where it needs to be then you have bigger problems then lifting up on one side

6. CAT 245ME

CAT 245ME PlowSite.com Addict

I've plowed with a lifted truck and I have one that is lifted and I have had no problems and plowed just fine.

I found the truck that was lifted was more manuvarable in deep snow where my stock truck was getting stuck.As it has been said many times on this site,you just gotta remember to get your A frame fairly level too work with the extra height.

7. JCI Trans

JCI Trans Senior Member

you may need to have a mount custom fabbed or in the case of the western ultramount just adjust the plow itself to achieve the correct angle. One of the local guys around here has a 6" lifted chevy k20 with an ultramount, and the attack angle is just right.

8. IPLOWSNO

IPLOWSNO PlowSite.com Addict

thanks guys but as far as plowing would go it would be minimum drives, i figured it would be better for height also.

9. MileHigh

MileHigh PlowSite.com Addict

anything more than a 2 1/2 inch lift is usually a NO NO

10. TCLA

TCLA 2000 Club Member

No problems here either with a 5" lift on my truck with a Boss straight.

11. Mike N

Mike N Senior Member

No problems here. Plowed for many years with a 79 Chevy with 10" lift and 36" buckshot radial mudders. Best plow truck I ever had.

Picture 005.jpg