1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Putting a plow on a 2013 Ram 1500???

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by JerseyShorePlow, Dec 31, 2013.

1. JerseyShorePlow

JerseyShorePlow Junior Member

I recently purchased a 2013 RAM 1500 Quad Cab. I called the company that installs plows and they said that a plow cannot be put on the truck! Something about the electronic steering. Is this true? Does anyone know of a manufacturer that has figured out a way to put a plow on my truck? I'm not too happy about this as I told the dealer I had planned on installing a plow.

2. trevier

trevier Senior Member

the new ford 150 are the same way, wish I had an answer for you,,,

3. giggity

giggity Senior Member

I put a 7.5 foot western pro plow on my 2010 this year, and couldnt be happier with it.. Im not sure if there are differences between the 2010 and 2013... Western has a mount and wiring to fit the trucks.. Try a different dealer, or install it yourself, its fairly simple to install

1005380_10151778502257914_2057867783_n.jpg

4. mega10cab

mega10cab Senior Member

5. Snoviper

Snoviper Senior Member

Sno-Way should have one,check their website: http://plowapps.snoway.com/index.cfm/act/choosingplow

6. JustJeff

JustJeff 2000 Club Member

Snoway DOES have a plow for your truck. Check out their website. It's the 26. ****, you might even be able to put a 26R on there and that's one hell of a plow. Smaller, but coparable to a wideout or a Power Plow, it's got articulating wings on both sides that allow you to use it like a scoop plow. You could also put a Snowdogg 8 footer MD on there no problem. Good solid medium duty plow for a lot less money than the other half-ton plows from other manufacturers.

7. JerseyShorePlow

JerseyShorePlow Junior Member

Thanks for the info, I will check them out and hopefully I can get a plow on my new truck! My dealer only does Meyers and SnowDogg so maybe thats why.

8. BossEric

BossEric Member

Yea , Boss doesn't have a plow for the new dodge 1500 either . We've had to turn a lot of customers away. It's all about the electronic power steering, and the weight of the plow on the steering . If the others have a lighter plow then that's probably why their able to supply you one.I would double check with the warranty to be sure. But If you do , let us know the results. This will help us with an option for some of our customers that are commited to their new trucks.

9. Tomaser

Tomaser Junior Member

We install Blizzard snowplows on dodge ram 2013/2014 its not any problem at all maybe you should talk to someone who knows what they are doing :-D

Last edited: Jan 5, 2014
  10. snerdy

snerdy Member

Is that a midweight or pro plow?

11. giggity

giggity Senior Member

Its 7.5 foot pro plow... Its been a busy winter here in Chicago, and no problems to speak of (knock on wood)... Had it in for an oil change the other day, shop says all ball joints, tie rods etc. all look fine... Pretty impressed so far

12. snerdy

snerdy Member

Good plow

Great, I have a pro Plow, bought it in 2008 had it on a ram 1500 regular cab. put it on a GMC Sierra 1500 regular cab, now have it on a 2011 Ram 2500. The toughest plow I have ever used.

13. MajorDave

MajorDave Senior Member

Tell ya what guys - its close to being over, but DEFINITELY upgrade your U-Joints (They make heavy duty ones for cheap - beefier than the stock ones) and your Springs - do yourself a favor and save money in the long run - a lot of money! If ya can - swap out what you can with 2500 or 3500 equip under front end...not BS'in here! Speak from experience!

14. giggity

giggity Senior Member

The half tons have cv-joints up front, and the front suspension is completely different from the 2500 and 3500's... Looked high and low for suspension upgrades for these trucks, unfortunately they dont exist

15. MajorDave

MajorDave Senior Member

Well that blows that plan - hahaha! Guess have to go with just beefing up what is there - heavier springs - etc etc...

Can you swap out anything under front end? Bearings - hub - spindle etc? Wanna do something this summer. Gettign another truck, but keeping this one....

16. MajorDave

MajorDave Senior Member

What I know you can do is upgrade Springs - then there is Timbrens and the "add a leaf kit..."

17. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

^ they are a IFS ie torsion bars up front.
    the 1500's no longer have a solid front axle.
    timbren's are an option.
    and a add-a-leaf for the rear if needed.

Your right on thee ones with a solid front axle all one would have to do is swap out the springs with ones from a 2500.
    or 3500 as the front springs could be the same in both.

18. Tomaser

Tomaser Junior Member

This one of our ram1500 (2013) it has air suspension in the back and heavy duty springs in the front axel, works just fine :)
    [​IMG]

19. 04ram1500

04ram1500 Member

This may or may not concern you, however putting a plow on a 1500 series will void your warranty.

20. giggity

giggity Senior Member

2009 and up dont even have torsion bars, shock/strut IFS... Rear is coil spring also, cant add a leaf..