1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Puting a plow on the bidding truck! ***Need help***

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by RDWheeler, Aug 8, 2012.

1. RDWheeler

RDWheeler Junior Member

So after going back and forth I have decided to not add another truck, but instead put a blade on my 2008 Silverado 1500 lt1. I am leaning towards the snowway 26R but I am wondering about what I can do for my front suspension. I would like to lift the truck in the front, or just level it, and then also was thinking Timbrens but I am not sure if those 2 can work together, or what the best route is to take. Any help would be greatly appreciated. And also the truck will be doing mainly small driveways.

2. cjwoz

cjwoz Senior Member
    from CHICAGO

I had an 02 Chevy avalanche that I plowed with. I still have the mount, wiring and timbren front and back for if your interested. Call timbren and get the softer compound if you still want some what of a decent ride. The middle compound supported my western uni mount just fine with no ballast.
  3. Squires

Squires Senior Member

4. blazer2plower

blazer2plower Senior Member

Have you thought about turning up your Tbars 3-4 turns? Each turn is 1/4 of an inch if you do you must get aliment and never ever Max them out.
  5. Stik208

Stik208 PlowSite.com Addict

No more t-bars on the half tons.
  6. blazer2plower

blazer2plower Senior Member

Sorry my bad
  7. RDWheeler

RDWheeler Junior Member

Thanks for the replies... But I am the most unpredictable person when it comes to vehicles, so over the weekend I went out and bought a 2009 2500HD crew cab diesel and a Boss 9'2" v blade. So unfortunately I won't be needing the half ton info anymore! Thumbs Up
  8. buddymanzpop

buddymanzpop Senior Member

Pretty good solution to your dilemma.
  9. brad96z28

brad96z28 PlowSite.com Addict

Good choice wish they where leagal to carry those plows though :( add some gussets anyway
  10. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

11. Reliable Snow and Ice

Reliable Snow and Ice Senior Member

first thing you should do to that truck is the EGR delete and plug's otherwise your going to have problems. correct me if i'm wrong but i'm thinking they have the DPF filter on them? oe they could be the 2010's