1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

PUTCO LED replacement bulbs

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by swtiih, Sep 5, 2011.

1. swtiih

swtiih PlowSite.com Addict

Anyone have any experience using PUTCO LED replacement bulbs.
    I'm thinking about changing to these.
    http://www.putco.com/

2. swtiih

anyone have any feedback. even if you see this thread and reply never heard of them.

3. xtreem3d

xtreem3d PlowSite.com Addict

i replace my old bulbs in a 1982 International dump truck i am fixing/restoring and am very happy with how bright they are,,,,,i am especially happy with my dash light replacements. in 1982 the factory bulbs probably weren't very bright to begin with
    Steve

4. swtiih

bump up

5. 20Silverado05

20Silverado05 Senior Member

Which ones are you buying I bought the led cab light kit for my old 05 silverado and the leds in that are soldered on a circuit board when i replaced them with white leds i had to solder the new ones myself.

6. swtiih

I was comsidering the (LED 360° Premium Replacement Bulbs or the Putco Nova LED bulds) for my roof clearence lights. From what is listed on their website I don't see replacement bulbs for the mirrors or cargo. I want to change these 3 areas out and then modify the wiring and install a flasher. My goal is to have normal factory operation and then operate them via a switch to flash.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2011
  7. Changchungleds

Changchungleds Junior Member

Hi, I know those Led bulbs, their are bright, but not that bright you think, if you use as a conventional bulb for a long time tend to burn faster due to poor heat dissipation.

Maybe with a flasher you will get a better life time...

8. 06Sierra

06Sierra PlowSite.com Addict
    from Maine

What bulb sizes are you looking for? Superbrightleds.com and ddmtuning.com have leds. I am thinking about getting led for the signals and cargo with a flasher.

9. NickT

NickT Senior Member

Subscribed