1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

put wings on and plow won't lift all the way up

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by dheavychevy38, Dec 4, 2008.

1. dheavychevy38

dheavychevy38 Senior Member

Ok guys I put my new wings on and now my plow won't raise all the way ? It's a 7 1/2 uni mount on a chevy. The fluid level is good and the plow was working good. Any ideas ? Thanks Denny

2. elite1msmith

elite1msmith 2000 Club Member
    from chicago

motor going bad, or pump going bad ...how old is it?

3. dheavychevy38

10 years it does put apretty good draw on the amp gauge when you raise it :p

4. millsaps118

millsaps118 Senior Member

Take the wings off and see if it will raise all the way, if it does then you know it's either your pump or motor taking a dump.

5. sechracer

sechracer Senior Member

Could it lift before when you had some snow on it? I would check the connections first, make sure everything is good and clean.

6. dheavychevy38

With out the wings it will raise all the way. It's kinda slow but it does go up all the way. I will test things today after work and see what i come up with.

7. dheavychevy38

Ok just got a free min to go and ck pressure and at the lift cylinder test port i have 1750 psi . What is it supposed to be ? I also notice i was a little low on oil.

8. dheavychevy38

Ok guys did a full service to her and cleaned all the connects at the motor and seems to be working alot better. We shall see what it does if we get snow tonight.

9. sechracer

sechracer Senior Member

1650 - 1850 according to the manual...