1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

put my plow on Ebay- located in Indiana

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by BushHogBoy, Jan 21, 2008.

1. BushHogBoy

BushHogBoy Senior Member

2. BushHogBoy

BushHogBoy Senior Member

ok guys please make an offer on this plow i really need it gone this week badly!! come pick it up or delivery or meeting you part way may be possible too. just call me on my cell 812-371-6069 please lets make a deal, i really need the money bad it is a good plow i just need it gone got to pay bills!

Thanks
    Eric

3. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

4. BushHogBoy

BushHogBoy Senior Member

5. TNT Lawncare

TNT Lawncare Member

But really that plow isn't worth $1500. Thats why you haven't sold it yet. Its brittle and cracked in several places (according to your ebay description). Why would someone pay that much just to replace half of it? JMO

6. BushHogBoy

BushHogBoy Senior Member

well I agree it needs some TLC, no doubt about it. But its very usable like it is, its ready to make money, there is a replacement moldboard on Ebay right now for it for $75 and the cutting edges are usually around $200 for a steel one last i checked. That's all it needs. So $300 worth of parts and its a really nice plow again. I know the markets vary from area to area but no one in their right mind can honestly make an offer of just a few hundred dollars without expecting to be taken as a smart aleck or insulting. I know its a little rough but its still worth something. If someone had said "ok well hows about i take it off your hands for $1,200 cash i'll be there to get it tomorrow "? then that would be ok, thats a serious offer. but when someone says "ok i give ya $200 for it" thats just someone being stupid and wasting their time and mine.... i feel like a kindergarten teacher tryin to explain basic common sense here.... i haven't ever seen a snow plow blue book or any sort of guide to indicate what a used plow is worth but most used plows i see for sale around here are between $1,000-2,000 depending on style, condition, age, etc. Most of those do not come with a set of Pro-Wings or down pressure option and most are heavy, rusty steel blades. The Lexan weighs alot less, is inexpensive to replace and never rusts out. The down pressure is nice, if you have ever used it you know what i mean.

Thanks for looking i am still open to REASONABLE offers or just bid on it on Ebay.
    Thanks.
    Eric

7. neighborstree

neighborstree Junior Member
    from pa

DUDE just a little piece of my mind, i sold a BRAND NEW meyer 8 foot poly blade, E57 pump, hoop and lights last week on ebay and only for 1300 bucks for it. i just recently bought the same snow way you have at a auction for 100 bucks. i dont want to get you down, but do you see you have 2 days left and its still at a penny lol. put it on craigslist for 500 bucks and hope you get that. or keep it. its that simple.

8. TNT Lawncare

TNT Lawncare Member

There is no blue book. Your right about that. It is worth what someone is willing to give you, whether its $1200 OR $200. Why don't you put the $300 worth of parts on it so it is perfect and try to get a better price for it.

9. BushHogBoy

BushHogBoy Senior Member

For one i don't have $300 and for two, it doesn't need those things to work well and make money... I don't buy something used because it looks new, i buy it because i intend to use it and make money with it... it'd be like buying a 10 year old pickup as a work truck and getting upset because it has a few scratches or dents... its kinda silly. I'm selling it as a very usable USED peice of equipment. If you want a brand new one, go buy a new one at the jacked up sticker price plus sales tax, etc. and have 3x or more the money in it. This one will push as much snow as any brand new 7.5' straight blade on the market. My thinking says it should still be worth something. I can buy a rusted out 15 year old steel blade for $500 knowing its rusted so much it won't last me much longer, or i'd spend $1k or so on one like this, knowing it will last me much much longer because it isn't rusted out and never really will rust out anytime soon.. the only parts on it that get scraped up (therefore allowing rust) are either the Lexan moldboard, which can't rust, or the cutting edge which will wear out and need replaced long before it rusts apart.

Enough rambling.... the freakin plow is for sale $1,500 OR MAKE OFFER......

Thank you
    Eric

10. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

freakin tense \..... good luck with the sale...

11. cameo89

cameo89 Senior Member

12. BushHogBoy

BushHogBoy Senior Member

The brackets for the wings are welded to the plow frame. So I couldn't price 'em to ya complete with hardware lol

as for the MVP for 1500 thats crazy... i guess plows have become worthless in the last few years while i wasn't in the market. For the price of used plows why does anyone buy 'em new then? one winter on 'em and they don't even look new anymore so save the $3-4k extra huh? Thats ridiculous plows actually had some resale value to them when i was in the market to buy one a few years ago... ok well if it don't sell on Ebay i guess i'll just either keep it as a overgrown paperweight (since it never snows in my town anyway) or take it in for scrap metal. what a damn shame... oh well **** happens..... i ain't gonna give it away for a few hundred bucks... i never got deals like that i had to pay a nifty chunk of change so i'm not gonna let anyone else get that kinda deal either. sorry life sucks!!!!!!!!! I'm goin to pass it on!!!

13. Gicon

Gicon Senior Member
    from MA

Eric you have mentioned many times how this plow is ready to make money. Its good to go all set, its a money maker. Put it on the ground and push some snow. My question to you is: why arent you making money with it? You are trying to sell it for a measly $1000 when no one has offered you over $500 and if you have spent as much time finding work as you have on plow site , you would have $10,000 by April, instead of $1200

14. BushHogBoy

BushHogBoy Senior Member

Sounds great, but i don't think i'll make anything pushing pavement and asphalt.... dude have you been to southern indiana? it never snows. i used the plow once this winter and that was a dusting, the only reason we plowed was to keep it from melting and freezing into ice. Its ridiculous you can't buy snow down here... its a waste of storage space and it sucks to commit to pushing snow for customers and trying to hold down a 50 hr a week job just to have income, then not being able to be there to push for your customers because your at your day job, or come into work draggin' butt cuz you stayed up all night pushin snow. Its just not worth the hassle... oh yea then waiting weeks if not months to get paid for your work, when ya have the time, fuel, salt, repairs, etc. invested. Screw that, have fun with it, i did for a few years i'm done..... i LOVE pushin snow but its not worth all that hassle to only drop blade a couple-few times a year here. it ain't like out east or up north...

15. Gicon

Gicon Senior Member
    from MA

So why would you buy a plow in the first place?

16. mnormington

mnormington Senior Member

I guess how much life sucks depends on your attitude. You would take it in for scrap money rather than let someone have it for cheap? That's just stupid. Also, like the other poster said, you could fix it up a little and get at least your money back - probably double it cuz you'd get a better price for the plow. Sounds good to me. At any rate, I was looking at your plow and thinking about making you a "serious" offer on it, but after reading your posts on this thread I think I'll pass on dealing with you.