1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Put it Away??

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by MnM, Mar 10, 2007.

1. MnM

MnM Senior Member

well its march 10 and the 15 day looks like its about to start warming up. I think I will clean and grease the sh-t out of my equipment and put it away for the winter. What does everyone think. Im in central NJ. Thanks

X-LOWBALLER Senior Member
    from Toronto

Stick a fork in it bud. Its O V E R !!! Im in Ontario Canada and its unofficially over here too. For us salters out there, maybe and I mean maybe one or two MAX trips but there shall be no more plowing. Lets get that grass a growin'!
  3. Joel B.

Joel B. Senior Member
    from MN

I wouldn't count on it being over just yet...
  4. Wesley's Lawn

Wesley's Lawn Senior Member

Joel if you know something I don't, let me in lol. Right now I wouldn't mind plowing again but if its not gonna snow then I want it all to melt so we can get to work.payup
  5. Proscapez LLC

Proscapez LLC Senior Member

I agree dont put it away just yet! this is march and we had a warm december.
    you better check out weather history first.
  6. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

I think it was around the 5th-10th of April 2 years ago when we got dumped with about a foot of heavy wet snow.

KINNCO Senior Member

:nono: When I fire my mowers up......my plows go night night.
  8. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

I put my plow night-night yesterday!!!! Cleaned, greased and painted a few rust spots. Took the pump off,sanded it, degreased and gave it a good shot of fresh paint and a good oil change.:D The light frame got a good sanding and painting as well. But those will stay on the truck till April 1st, just because this is NE Ohio and you just never know:dizzy:
  9. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

My plow is put in it's summer position (still perfectly accesible (sp) though!.....mower came out and got all lubed up today, will be started tomarrow! Always a possibility for another storm but, i don't care, im getting ready for SPRING!!!!
  10. emeraldgreen

emeraldgreen Member

From the weather model sites that I watch, it appears that there may be a chance of another witner type precip event around 3/16-3/18 time period. It looks like the warm air will retreat around Thur, followed by a cold shot from Canada Fri- Mon. At the same time, it appears there are several small short waves of energy coming through the area. This could result in some wintry precip.
    Or it could all be over. Who knows anymore!
  11. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

I think it was two years ago, I plowed in the beginning of May... small amount, but my gear doesn't go far away until mid May. Weirder things have happened.
  12. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

All my snow stuff is away and ready for next winter.
  13. mole

mole Senior Member

wow I thought i was bad I finally washed my truck, it's only been since last august that she got a bath. had to any way getting rid of it next week for a brand new dodge.
  14. JT Contracting

JT Contracting Junior Member

If I put the plow away, it will snow. If I leave it out, it won't snow. We need the moisture so its going to be put away.
  15. racer67x

racer67x Junior Member

getting about time to take out the salt spreader and hook up the enclosed trailer to do a little dirt racing..lol

you still running any?

could use one more good snow to buy a few new Hoosiers though....
  16. Tractor Plower

Tractor Plower Senior Member

My stuff is unhitched, but not away. As Derek said, anything can happen. Although, come to think of it, I had to switch out the blue lens for the amber one....not worth switching back for the few storms we may get.:jester:

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

yeah i dunno yet, my plows still in the driveway ready to go, honestly i hope it doesnt snow again im ready for spring, i just paid almost 10k for a new exmark lazer-z and wanna start mowing again. this winter was a bust, and made me depressed, lol
  18. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

just put everything away last weekend

19. bowtie_guy

bowtie_guy Senior Member

Nice storage setup!!!

Myselve the plow isn't put away yet but the outlook is warm. I don't know where I'll store it yet. My old truck was just used to plow so I parked it with the plow. This one is my daily driver so I will have to store the plow somewhere.
  20. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

Agreed. Slick storage setup. The joys of a heavy steel building!