1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Put Intensifires on MM1

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by FordFisherman, May 2, 2009.

1. FordFisherman

FordFisherman PlowSite.com Addict
    from 06611

I put intensifires on my MM1; does the ground wire set-up get completely eliminated or do the connections under the plastic cover still need to be grounded to the motor?

Last edited: May 2, 2009
  2. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

You must have a 2 plug set up. They are completely seperate on the 3 plug set ups and they ground to Fisher off set up. I think thats why they made them that brass like color so they wont corrode and stay grounded. So yeah the grounds under cover are all you need.

3. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

Oh and here is small trick you should do now or before winter. On the bottom side light put some Black Duct tape across the seem (Hidden). These lights are weak and wont stand up to the abuse like the old ones did. There biggest mistake was only putting 2 screws instead of 4 on the back. But I think they did this becuase they made them so cheaply and wanted them to flex a bit instead of cracking. So a small piece of hidden Duct tape will help you cover stay in place insted of popping off after catching a cap then become worst as the night goes on. The plastic around screws will start to crack then the back will fall off and the light just goes down hill from there. You have to get outand unplug it all and remove light durig a stom. :eek: The back cover cost 20 bucks or so and the fisher dealers always have plenty in stock!!!!!

4. FordFisherman

from 06611

Thanks Dave- Still confused why the original lights are tied into the coils. The orange/black wire is the ground but what do the blue, green and yellow wires connect to the coils for?:confused: My blade is still at the powdercoater so I have not been able to do a test run.

5. Flipper

Flipper PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

That's what triggers the coils with 12volts to get them to shift so the plow will raise angle and lower.

6. FordFisherman

from 06611

So, does the adaptor have the wiring to replace whats removed with the original light wiring?:confused:

7. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

I think you need to fab or buy a bracket to move the lights outward so the lift arm doesn't hit them. My XV has the intensifires. Two seasons, and no issues for me. They are decent lights.

8. FordFisherman

from 06611

I fabbed up the brackets; lights are installed but the wiring needs to be sorted out.

9. FordFisherman

from 06611

Well, once I got the schematic, it went very good. Hopefully this will help someone in the future if they put intensifires on a 2 plug MM1. First, you need adaptor kit 29033. This has all the new plugs that splice with the old headlight harness and attach to the new lights. The old light wiring gets removed from the old headlights and re-used by splicing the new ends on. Splice, plug in, and your done.