1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Put a plow on my ZJ

Discussion in 'Jeeps' started by Plowlikehell, Jan 5, 2008.

1. Plowlikehell

Plowlikehell Member

Hey Guys!
    Well after plowing with my Xj for a couple of years, I thought it would be nice to upgrade a little. Here is a couple pictures of my ZJ with a Meyer plow on it. The mount is from a Chevy pickup.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. mak

mak Junior Member

Awesome job, did you beef up the front end at all?

3. Plowlikehell

Plowlikehell Member

Not yet,
    Its going to be trial and error finding the right components that wont lift the truck after installation.

Thanks for the kind words:drinkup:

4. Lawn Enforcer

Lawn Enforcer Senior Member

Sweet, did you do all the installation yourself?

5. bdhunter

bdhunter Senior Member

Nice job!!! Much welding to fabricate?

6. snow problem

snow problem Senior Member

Nice job, I have never seen a zj with a plow on it, how does it compare to your old cherokee.

7. plowingcherokee

plowingcherokee Junior Member
    from MA

Nice Job
    I was thing of doing this same thing to my wifes Jeep.

8. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

now that will put u in the doghouse:help:

9. MnDLawn

MnDLawn Senior Member

If you call skyjacker they will give you the spring lengths uncompressed and the spring rate, then all you have to do is find one that is smaller (shorter) with a higher spring rate than the factory one. Then you will have a spring that won't compress as much when under weight, and wont give you a lift. Also I'm not sure if you have the v8 or the I6 but I think the v8 is a higher spring rate from the factory.

10. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

That is sweet. I want to see a picture of it with the plow up.

I have a pair of 3/4 ton Dodge springs that will go right in there :D wesport

11. SIPLOWGUY

SIPLOWGUY Senior Member

I've wanted to do that to my wifes Grand Cherokee but I've been told impossible. Exaclty what did you have to do?