1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

put a plow on my second truck?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by cntryboymc, Nov 19, 2004.

1. cntryboymc

cntryboymc Member

two questions:does anyone have the western wings on a pro plus plow and how do you like them?here is something i need info on.i currently have 36 residential drives,1 firelane,2 doctor's offices,and 1 small apartment complex to plow.my main plowtruck is a 2004 chevy2500hd reg cab ls 6.0l,auto,with a western 8ft pro plus blade with backdrag edge.i carry a two stroke jd trs21 snothrower and shovels for walks as needed.my other truck is a 1995 chevy k2500 reg cab loaded 5.7l,auto,130,000 miles,very well cared for.this is the truck i use for mulch etc as it as an aluminum dump insert.this truck i originally used for plowing,it had an 8ft diamond blade which i sold as it was slow and hard to get off/on.i would get the same plow as the 2004 if needed.does it sound like i should get another plow,as i continue to get drives and to have a backuptruck.some of the residential drives are retired people so their only request was service by 10am.any info would be appreciated!i also have a museum and a cell phone tower access road contracts that im waiting to hear back on.
  2. Tarkus

Tarkus PlowSite.com Addict

You are spread a bit thin, I would look into a backup plow I think. It does not have to be new or even same size but it would be nice to have it. I had one until last year when I decomissoned it.
  3. cntryboymc

cntryboymc Member

i need to look at another plow closely.ive had two calls last night for a firelane and a large driveway to be plowed.
  4. cntryboymc

cntryboymc Member

any more thoughts guys?the driveways are still coming in.
  5. J HIsch

J HIsch Member

I would put a plow on everything you own. Find a driver and sub him out after all your work is done and make double money. No use for a truck like that just to sit there. PLus you will have a back up. I dont know if I would buy brand new plow though, i would probably look for good used. just my opinion
  6. cntryboymc

cntryboymc Member

thanks for the info guys!i got two more driveways and a large fire lane on the lake over the weekend.i also got some offers from summer part time help to plow.so monday i bought new tires,a new beacon light,and a new western 8ft pro plus plow with back drag edge.