1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Put a body lift on my truck

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by farmerkev, Nov 26, 2008.

1. farmerkev

farmerkev Senior Member

This isnt a plow truck, but it is what gets me and my snowblower/shovels around. I finished my 3" body lift yesterday, well other than extending the fuel filler neck its done.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. farmerkev

farmerkev Senior Member

3. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Ya need to get gap guards, raise your rear bumper, then gets some different wheels and tires and your set.

4. LawnProLandscapes

LawnProLandscapes PlowSite.com Addict

hey man your plate's falling off the front , you might want to fix that before you get yourself another ticket.

5. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

Looks like a good start. Now all you need is some gap gaurds, bigger tires, and to do something about the gap in that rear bumper.

6. farmerkev

farmerkev Senior Member

Bigger tires will be comming when I can afford them, gap guards arent the biggest priority right now. The Wheels are going to stay. I think for the back bumper, Im going to get a piece of diamond plate from my welding class and bolt it in the gap, with brake lights, turn signals, and bigger backups, pointed down a little. I can plug it into the trailer wiring.

I also want to get front springs from a 1 ton, or something to raise it up.

7. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Why don't you just raise the back bumper? It will look cleaner with the bumper back up where it's supposed to be then a peice of diamond plate filled with lights stuffed in there.

Any reason your keeping the wheels? I think a bit nicer of a wheel would make the truck look better. The black kinda makes it look not as nice I think.

8. farmerkev

farmerkev Senior Member

Thats what alot of people tell me about the wheels, but I really like the black wheels. Im thinking of having my uncle sandblast them so I can do a better job at painting them, and then get new lugs for them. Ill see. Im also not sure on the bumper thing, I dont want to mess with the exaust, and if i raise the bumper Ill need to raise the exaust. Ill see.

9. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

It can't be to hard to change your exhaust. Or just dump it before the axle with some turndowns.

10. farmerkev

farmerkev Senior Member

I could never get rid of the tips!:eek:

11. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Why not? It shouldn't be to hard to move them up 3". I used to have dual exhaust exits on my truck, and this time I dumped my exhaust before the axle and have never missed the tips. And I think the truck looks much cleaner that away.

12. farmerkev

farmerkev Senior Member

The tips are the best feature of the truck (other than the awesome bed sides) I might rasie them and the bumper, but I wont get rid of them.

13. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

That's not saying much about the truck then if 2 exhaust tips are the best thing.

14. William B.

William B. Senior Member
    from S.E. IA

It's his truck, let him do what he wants with it.

15. farmerkev

farmerkev Senior Member

Maybe putting a gooseneck in it would make it better?

3/4 TON's FTW!!!!

16. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Not to be an ass but your truck isn't anything better then mine. You still have the same trans, smaller motor, 2wd. You do have a stronger rear axle, and a gvwr around 1k higher then mine iirc. Your truck is a 3/4ton, I won't disagree. You have the light 3/4ton version though which is mostly a half ton on some minor steroids, still no where close to the normal 8 lug 3/4tons with a better trans, even higher gvwr, and possibly a different frame steel thickness.

17. farmerkev

farmerkev Senior Member

True that, mines still better suited for a gooseneck IMO. But honestly you use your truck enough, just get a 3/4 ton.

18. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

What gears does your truck have in the rear axle? 3.73's or 4.10s?

I'd like a 3/4ton but I'm sure I'll over work that also. wesport

I want a 4wd c4500 chevy with the dmax. :D

19. farmerkev

farmerkev Senior Member

Couldnt tell you what gears I have. get a 4500, youll have no problems with size anymore!

20. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

I think an older monroe 4x4 converted 3500hd might be good and cheaper. 15k gvwr. Swap out the 6.5 for a 12v cummins with the nv4500. Blizzard 8611 and I should be good to go.:D