1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pushing snow off of the customer's property

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by DCSpecial, Dec 10, 2008.

1. DCSpecial

DCSpecial Senior Member
    from IL

I know there are frequent discussions here about people pushing snow into the street or onto someone else's property.

One of my customers is in a private/gated subdivision and I guess some of the guys who plow in there have been guilty of pushing snow off of their customer's property.

The guard at the gatehouse told me last night that they are warning all the plow drivers and if it happens they will be fined a no longer allowed into the subdivision to plow.

I stack all the snow off to the side of my customer's driveway in the grass so not an issue for me. Barely can get sideways to push the pile all the way off the driveway with a 20'+ truck but it works :D
    The company who had done it the last two years (he recently moved to this house, I used to do his old house) plowed all the snow into a berm with arborvitaes and broke the bottom 2' or so of branches from piling the snow into them :dizzy: Needless to say he wasn't happy :yow!:

2. QuadPlower

QuadPlower PlowSite.com Addict

I had a customer ask me to push her snow into the cul-de-sac. Everyone does it she said. I told her it is illegal to do that I I won't.

3. terrapro

terrapro PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

thats all you can do. i have some that have said that or similar things to me also.