1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pushing and stacking with NPR

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Peterbilt, Jan 13, 2009.

1. Peterbilt

Peterbilt Senior Member
    from IA.

2. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

Looks like it works good. Pretty nice.

3. Longae29

Longae29 PlowSite.com Addict

I saw an NPR plowing a lot this morning, and i said to myself, wow, that thing really pushes the snow up

4. merrimacmill

merrimacmill PlowSite.com Addict
    from MA

Any complaints on how those perform when plowing? I am seriosuly considering one as my next truck and I never really see them around here.

5. Longae29

Longae29 PlowSite.com Addict

i see a lot of them being used for sidewalk crews, there is one local company that it seems like 50% of their plow trucks are NPRs

6. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

i love it i love it i love it

7. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

what are those 10' boss's?? they look like they do the job! you need to get some lights on 'em! :D

8. JRSlawn

JRSlawn Senior Member

Is that a snowex on the back? How do you like the spreader? Do you have any problem traveling during a storm with the truck we just got around 4 inches and my truck wouldnt move in 2wd.

9. Peterbilt

Peterbilt Senior Member
    from IA.

If I could make it happen, I would have no other trucks than Isuzus and Chevy W series.

They are by far the best plow trucks I have ever used. We use 8ft Boss Polys with Boss wings, and you just can't beat them on plowing ability.

I used to think that you HAD to have 4x4 to effectivly plow snow. These trucks continue to supprise me and my employees.

As for getting around in the snow, They don't plow well on long or steep inclines, so we keep them out of the subdivisions we plow. But, if you stick them in a flat parking lot, watch out!!!!!!! Cab over bull dozers!!!!!!

They do slide around abit on Ice or slick spots, but what doesn't. I the Vid, the truck plowing has around 2 tons of salt sand in the back, thats a normal traction load, but for a spreading load we go out with 4 to 5 tons. The other one I have has a Snow Ex 6000 in it, and it usually only holds a skid loader bucket of material, and it gets around good as well. Keep weight and GOOD tires and you wont go wrong.

And Snow Ex 2400s are great as well. I have 2 and am looking to get #3.

J.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2009
  10. modedicebox

modedicebox Junior Member

I love cabovers! We got an 02 fuso this year and they are awesome. Great Vids!

11. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy Senior Member

Nice Videos!!!!

12. gkm

gkm Senior Member

nice vuds looks like it can push a lot of snow

13. sjosephlawncare

sjosephlawncare Senior Member

Nice videos! I'd have to say those do as well a 4x4 truck