1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by mtnzone, Apr 13, 2008.

1. mtnzone

mtnzone Member

may seem a little strange to be asking this, but the lingo is getting me.. Been plowing residentials for the past 4 years. I have around 20 of them, and now im getting into commercial plowing as well as some larger apartment complexes.

THe wordage I keep hearing is "pushes" and charging per push on here... Do you mean if you charge lets say $80 per push and the driveway takes 3 pushes to clear driveway your charging $240 per clearing of driveway?? If so that seems high.. but hey my pricing may be off and Im willing to change my pricing..........:drinkup:
  2. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

When bidding "per push" you are giving the total cost of doing a complete job ONE time.

For instance, I take care of several different gas stations. This past week I plowed each of them 4 times throughout the course of the storm. When I send the companies an invoice I am going to charge my "per push" rate times 4.

Hope that clears it up for you...
  3. mtnzone

mtnzone Member

yes it does thanks... i thought so but just wanted to make sure.. didnt want to be one of ""those guys"" that underbids........lol no one had said anything to me but once you get that rep....... well you know what i mean......
  4. Quality SR

Quality SR PlowSite.com Addict

Ohhhh no not another Low baller. :rolleyes:
  5. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

LOL Not him
  6. mtnzone

mtnzone Member

shoot em shoot em all........:gunsfiring::gunsfiring: probably not PC but you get the dirft......;)