1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Taconic, Dec 24, 2003.

1. Taconic

Taconic PlowSite.com Veteran

Just had a conversation with 3 contractors that have been using the jrb pushers and man are they unhappy.Seems the design is pretty poor where the cutting edge meets the pusher is poorly attached and the pushers just copress about 2 inches of snow into the pavement creating a skating rink.Not much thought was put into this design seems like some one was looking to get the credit for a new design before they even tested it.
    John P
  2. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

Snow Pro tech pushers are very good
  3. John Allin

John Allin PlowSite.com Addict

Yessir... it was a design flaw. Those "contractors" you were talking to are working for us, and all the JRB pushers out there are on our sites only - and it's a good thing the units have not been sold to anyone yet. Retro fit kits are being installed on them now. Those retro fit kits solved the problem you have described easily and quickly.

As much as you have attempted to make us look stupid with these remarks - we ain't no dummies, which is why they have not been sold to anyone until we test the 250 or so we had made for us this season....
  4. GeoffD

GeoffD PlowSite.com Veteran

Didn't even know JRB was making snowpushers. Sorry to hear about your bad luck. I will say that we got a 14' daniels snowpusher at work this fall. After two storms its has been bent and twisted, this is due to the dealer not installing the 2 extra braces. The problem with the pusher is it was one of the first on the produced and sat at the dealers lot for 2 years. The good news is the dealer has ordered us a new pusher. Just goes to show that all these units can have problems.

John hope it all works out for you in the end.

5. 66Construction

66Construction Senior Member

I've used the pusher and personaly like it. Once the retro kit is on it works quite well, when adjusted right it actualy cleans pretty close to bare pavement.
  6. Foz

Foz Senior Member

:rolleyes: HA HA HA, you have got to be kidding me, trying to make John look bad, what in the world were you thinking! Do you think he would not test a product before selling it to someone else? The man did NOT get where he is by being stupid.........look, & learn, LOL!! :D
  7. winterweatherservices

winterweatherservices Junior Member
    from pa

Mr. Parker

Thanks for the heads up on the JRB pushers.I must tell you though we only use use RCS pushers after using the other brands ,we feel the RCS pushers are the most durable year after year.Our fleet of over 70+ pushers [ real numbers] are all RCS and i am glad i made the change a few years ago when they started out.

8. dayexco

dayexco Senior Member

we have 14' home made snow pusher on our 544-G deere loader with a JRB quick coupler. the local target store used to take 2-pickups/blades and loader w/2 3/4 yd bucket 3 1/2 hrs to do on a 4" snow. now one pickup, loader with 14' blade does it in hr and 10 mins. quite a savings. the blade is bullet proof, local welding shop made it for me. will post pics of it shortly.:waving:
  9. NAC

NAC Senior Member

FFC Pusher

I just picked up my pusher the other day. A FFC 8' Pusher with the backdrag attachment for my John Deere skiid steer. Have not used it yet but look like it is built preety good.
  10. parrothead

parrothead Senior Member

i just bought one, was wondering what you had to pay for yours. i havent been able to use mine yet. i like the idea of the back drag. rob
  11. NAC

NAC Senior Member

pusher price

Fcc pusher 8' wih backdrag blade $3400.00