1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pusher vs. V-plow

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by KBTConst, Jan 2, 2011.

1. KBTConst

KBTConst Senior Member

I have a small lot I do with the pickup with 9' 2" Boss normal 3" snowfall takes about 30-40 minutes use the loader with 14' pusher it takes about 15-20 minutes my question is would you guys charge more when using the pusher or just keep it the same for both? I get $85 for the lot. Thanks, Jerry

2. alternative

alternative PlowSite.com Addict

Why not just use the loader and make your $85 in 20min vs using the vplow and taking 40min to make 85?
    I dont understand why you would charge more... youre making more if you use the loader..

3. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

I'm sure the customer would love to pay you more to do the job in less time.

4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

What about travel time? Does the overall job including travel time take the same SS vs Vee or does the time required to move the SS negate the time saving for the actual removal?

5. TCLA

TCLA 2000 Club Member

You agreed to the price....you can't charge him more. :laughing:

A 14' pusher cannot nip & tuck and do the detail work.

The big question is why would you use a loader on a site that only takes 30-40 minutes to plow with a truck???

6. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Alot of companies around here have alot of small places very close and they run loaders and tractors. A 14ft is a little big to fit in the odd entrance but if it'a an angle pusher with hydro endplates or a Snowing it will fit pretty much everywhere. It's not uncommon for companies around here to have 10+ tractors and loaders and only have a couple pickups and they only do smaller places. Sorry for the off topic, The price is the price no matter what you plow it with.

7. KBTConst

KBTConst Senior Member

Sorry guys I guess I should have stated why I was asking the question! Some other excavating guys and myself was talking shop and 2 of them thinks I should charge more for the loader because cost of equipment, cost of fuel, and I pay a worker to run it. Myself I don't agree with them because of the time it takes to do it!
    I do use the loader if it is done with the bigger job that it is on.
    I wouldn't't even think about trying to get more out of someone after I agreed to a price! There is no nip & tucking to do its all straight forward shots and the loader is driving right by the job site so why not swing in and do it with the loader . I only use the tuck when the loader is running behind and it is getting ready to open. Hopefully this cleared things up alittle. And before anyone says why are you talking prices with other people they are good friend and they don't do snow. Thanks Jerry

8. Cromer_22

Cromer_22 Junior Member

Seems to me you just answered your own question! tymusic

9. KBTConst

KBTConst Senior Member

I allways knew what my answer was just was wondering how everyone else thought it should be.

10. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

You are already getting more money for the loader.

With the truck you can do 2 an hour $85 X 2 = $170 hour.

With the loader you can do 4 an hour $85 X 4 = $340 hour.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2011
  11. KBTConst

KBTConst Senior Member

Thats what I tried to tell them maybe I should write it down for them like you just did Thumbs Up

12. Matson Snow

Matson Snow PlowSite.com Addict

You Know CDLs.....You Know how Mulch Salt Eats....and Now Math...Its an Honor to

Know You.....:salute:

13. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

You are too mulch. :laughing:

14. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

That doesnt work for some people.

For some people you have to inscribe it on the end of a bat in a reverse font then whack them across their forehead with it. When they wake up they'll understand the concept.

15. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

I'm going to drop that money off that I owe you now that I know how your collection policy works. LOL

16. FisherVMan

FisherVMan Senior Member

I like Johnny R's concept ............... that one works good around here as well. And is sometimes the ONLY way ..............

17. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

I've been needing a new quote for the sig line.

Thanks Johnny!

My wife wants to know what I've been laughing about for five minutes

18. buckwheat_la

buckwheat_la 2000 Club Member

Just so I have my head wrapped around this correctly........u charge $85 for 15 min of work and they think u should charge more? Ask those guys what their hourly on their loaders is.

19. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

Just telling it like it is bro. You're welcome.

20. KBTConst

KBTConst Senior Member

Yes your head is wrapped around this correctly! I just told them that I like to be able to sleep at night.