1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pusher vs snow bucket

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by sven1277, Sep 9, 2011.

1. sven1277

sven1277 Senior Member

I am looking to purchase an 8' for a skid steer I will be renting this winter for a school property. What are the pros and cons? The bucket seems like it would be nearly as quick plus no need to change attachments when loading salt for trucks or moving piles. What would be the drawbacks?

MIDTOWNPC PlowSite Veteran

the drawbacks of a bucket are you hit something and it hurts or its damaged.

pusher will carry more snow cause the snow rolls off the blade and fills out infront of you making a mountain

with a bucket it fills up and then spills out and over the top.

bucket works well for backdragging but you can get and edge on the top of a pusher and do the same work.

how long does it really take to switch... a minute.
  3. Neige

Neige Sponsor

Drawbacks there is no trip edge on a bucket, you will know what I mean when you catch your first man hole cover or that curb you forgot was there. If that is not reason enough the pusher is still larger than your bucket and you do not need to empty a pusher. Just ride it up the pile and back up, it will also carry lots more snow. Lastly you may want to reconsider using a snow bucket to load salt into a truck. Just watch the Project SnoFighter season one documentary to see first hand why.
  4. Neige

Neige Sponsor

Darn Midtown you beat me to the response. :drinkup: