1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

pusher vs. plow....

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by ultimate lawns, Sep 4, 2002.

1. ultimate lawns

ultimate lawns Member

i was just wondering what it probebly better? pro tech's or daniels? i dont think daniels make pushers. just the regular old style truck plows but in like 9 feet. but the pro tech looks like it is much beefyer. well, which would you use if you had a backhoe or front end loader? thanks,

ultimate lawns and more
  2. SnoJob67

SnoJob67 Senior Member

Daniels has a pusher called a "box plow." It has a steel trip edge. Guys with experience will tell you box plows or pusher boxes are faster than traditional plows.

I have only seen the recommendation (positive) of one guy who has actually used the Daniels box plow. I am taking a serious look at Daniels as well as other major brands. I like the idea of the trip edge and I prefer a steel edge for scraping.
  3. SLC1

SLC1 Senior Member

We used the pro-tech pushers for 5 years and we were constantly having trouble with the cutting edge we tried everything even went to the ureathane edge and that was better but not great, so last year we went out and bought the new Daniels Box Plow with the steel edge, from the few times we used it I can personally say that it scraped and plowed excellent, didnt leave anything and tripped when it was supposed to. We didnt get that much snow last year that is why I dont have more to say but from the six times we used it , it was excellent . Just My two cents
  4. SnoJob67

SnoJob67 Senior Member

SLC1- I was referring to you.

Although most of the guys out east use local brands, I think, judging by the quality and customer satisfaction of users other Daniels products, their box plows are a viable option for us.

As funny as it sounds, the fact that they are not a SIMA member weighs against them in my mind. There is not much logic behind that thought, but the feeling is there, nonetheless.
  5. Haden61

Haden61 Member
    from Iowa

pusher or plow

I am a sub and the company that I work for is going with a Storm wing plow, after doing the research they are sure the extra features and opions out way the cost. Let It Snow!
  6. nsmilligan

nsmilligan PlowSite.com Veteran

Hardy anybody up here is using pushers. but there is a local metal fab shop that builds 10 1/2 ' V plows, much like a Fisher 36" high mold board, bottom trip. They're mounting them on loaders, and a couple on 100 hp farm tractors. Work great, they can carry a lot of snow in the scoop position, and have all the advantages of a pick up mounted V.

RYAN SMITH Junior Member
    from PA

Before you buy a pusher i think you owe it to yourself to take a close look at the RCS SNO-PRO pushers .After using most of the different pushers on the market ,we now only use RCS SNO-PRO pushers.We feel they are the best on the market. RYAN SMITH
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2002