1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

pusher recomendation

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by cutbetterthanyo, Nov 10, 2012.

1. cutbetterthanyo

cutbetterthanyo Senior Member

I currently have a tak tl130 and a plow on my truck.I read on here the track machine suck in the snow.I will be useing my truck mostly, but was think about using my machine if it is alot of snow or as a backup if something breaks. What do you guys think about putting a pusher on my machine.Is it a waste of money, if not what size a 8 ft one?

2. iceman1

iceman1 Sponsor

1st of all not all tracks suck in snow. I have Bobcat and JD and they suck in snow with regular pusher. I have subs that use have cat track and they are the kind that do not have the pad and they seem to do much better with reg pusher. All skidsteers do good with arctic sectional because they leave no film and they scrap so clean that you are pushing on clean pavement all the time. I would either buy the cheapest thing you could find maybe a low profile scoopdogg 8' $1600 or go all out and buy a Arctic. If you really do not want to spend the money this year then bottom line shop price. I am a Scoopdogg and Arctic dealer.

3. cutbetterthanyo

cutbetterthanyo Senior Member

My tracks aren't the factory ones with the big pads. They are the ones with the c pattern. Would you spend the money on something like the scoopdogg or just use the factory bucket?

4. MConst

MConst Junior Member

We have carbide tipped studs in our tracked snow machine. They are little screw in studs that can be easily inserted with an impact gun. two or four studs every few tracks and your set; maybe 100 studs per track? (depends on situation).

I think ours were "maxi-grip" A little expensive, but good investment. Never had a damage on asphalt; I wouldn't use on concrete. We leave them in all year.