1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

pusher production

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by concreteguy, Nov 26, 2009.

1. concreteguy

concreteguy Senior Member

Was wondering if someone could tell me what the production rate was for an 8' pusher and a s- 250 Bobcat w/ 2 speed. Figure on limited obstructions and 1"-- 3".
    Thanks, Tom
  2. Matson Snow

Matson Snow PlowSite.com Addict

You should think about joining SIMA...They have production rates for pushers, trucks, sidewalks.Also sample contacts and everything you need...OK Grandview your turn...Happy Thanksgiving.....:drinkup:
  3. forestfireguy

forestfireguy PlowSite.com Addict

Long pushes?
  4. concreteguy

I'll join SIMA by 1/1/10 but right now I need the info for some jobsights I was going to bid. The pushes are'nt very long, maybe125' to 175'. I've used a pusher in the past but did'nt log the times and amounts. I know they're more efficient than a truck plow but by how much.
  5. Superior L & L

Superior L & L PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

Everyone is different but this is what i find
    aprox. 2 acres per hour 12' box
    aprox. 2.5 acres per hour 14' box
    aprox. 4 acres per hour 20' box
    that with a bout a 3" snow
  6. forestfireguy

forestfireguy PlowSite.com Addict

I like superiors #s. They are reasonable. Maybe even a little conservative depending on the operator.
  7. concreteguy

Thanks, I should be able to bid these sites correctly.I was close but wanted to be sure.I realize that each operator will have different production rates and the type of snow makes a difference
  8. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

I wouldn't plan on much over 1 acre depending on how far your pushes are. If you can plow both ways the skids really shine but if you can't they are slower then a pickup. JMO
  9. Peterbilt

Peterbilt Senior Member
    from IA.

I don't like the 8ft pushers all that much, for the reasons JD brought up. I do like what my 10fts will do though. Roughly 3 acres per hour, but thats with a good operator, short pushes and a fast Skid loader.

10. concreteguy

Maybe I'll go with a 10' for the one site that's approx. 4.5 acres and the 8' for the one that's just over 6 acres. The bigger of the two will have a truck w/ a 8' straight blade but slightly longer pushes and the other site will be solo but shorter pushes. Tom