1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pusher or a V blade or snow bucket for skid

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by jvm81, Oct 8, 2007.

1. jvm81

jvm81 Senior Member
    from Midwest

I have talked to alot of guys and no one has a good answer.

I have looked on here and have seen the pro's / con's or either choice.

Skid is a BOBCAT S205. I would like to know size is best suited for this machine and what is most productive in your eyes.

Mostly used on mid range lots. Most are easy pushing.

Best piece of equipment out there to buy.

Other equipment used - utlitity tracotr, pickups with plows - 3 straight and 1 V. 2 tractors with large snow buckets.

2. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

How bout a snow pusher?

3. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

I like V blades but not on my skid and using a bucket is unproductive. An 8 ft pusher is what I would use, with a back drag attachment.

4. jvm81

jvm81 Senior Member
    from Midwest

So go with a snow pusher. Now what brand would ya all recommend? Then I have also heard to go with rubber not steel and then again, go with steel not rubber?? Also been told to make sure it trips over certain obstacles??

5. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

8' protech rubber edge pusher. Thats all you need.

6. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Steel trip is the way to go but rubber will do.

7. SNOWLORD

SNOWLORD Senior Member
    from MN

I would look into the Blizzard 86-11 for a large skid you can still backdrag then scoop to take it away not sure if they would hold up though as our skid plows seem to take an incredible amount of abuse. We are going to try a couple of them this winter, so time will tell