1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

pusher or a plow ?

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by blk90s13, Nov 17, 2009.

1. blk90s13

blk90s13 PlowSite.com Addict

on a S300 bobcat ? I help a friend with some landscaping work and he is thinking of using his bobcat for plowing this winter ( he already have 4 trucks with plows )

which is a better choice and setup for his machine ? and where to purchase in NJ ? or close by

2. snocrete

snocrete Banned

The types of accounts the machine is working on, would determine how to set it up first of all. Personally I prefer pushers, simpler in design (less to break) & will flat out move more snow from point A to point B than anything else. This is what works for me, and what I do with the SS's.

3. buckwheat_la

buckwheat_la 2000 Club Member

agreed, pushes with a skidsteer are the best, and being that he already has plows, he should try a push

4. blk90s13

blk90s13 PlowSite.com Addict

mostly little shopping centers and some bigger restaurants

5. buckwheat_la

buckwheat_la 2000 Club Member

i think either a push or a plow well work for what you want

6. snocrete

snocrete Banned

I would go with a pusher.

7. ponyboy

ponyboy Senior Member

He might want to buy both Kage sells a good one so does snow wolf It is a plow that with out getting in or out of the machine turns into a pusher. Plows have down pressure for back dragging and pusher are better for NOT windrowing it (piling it up behind cars) and piling it up. If he has the money go for both if not sounds like he needs one for piling it up..
    GET ONE WITH A TRIP EDGE or lose your teeth