1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

pusher on kubota ?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by eze, Oct 1, 2010.

1. eze

eze Junior Member
    from Mass

I have a small lot to plow and am thinking about putting a pusher on my kubota along with my 1 ton dump. My kubota is A L3130 (30hp) and was just wondering if anyone out there had a pusher on a tractor this size. if so what size can it handle, and do you think its really worth it.
  2. Neige

Neige Sponsor

You could try a 6 or 7 foot compact Pro-Tech. They go for $1,700 or $1,800 with free freight to your nearest dealer.
  3. G&T LAWN

G&T LAWN Senior Member

Wieght is a bg traction plus. If it is a hydro drive tranny that helps to. Check out Kage Innovations. They make a blade, snow pusher combo. They are a nice unit, I just bought one for me. They make them 6ft to 10ft.
  4. merrimacmill

merrimacmill PlowSite.com Addict
    from MA

I ran a L3240 with a 8 foot pro-tech bucket mount compact pusher. It worked, we were doing about 450' pushes with it, I wouldn't say you couldn't do it, but realistically it wasn't easy for the machine. I think it would have been A LOT better if it was a direct mount to the SS quick attach rather than a bucket mount. What would happen is the snow would come over the top of the pusher and fill the bucket which would make the machine way to heavy on the front end.

If I were to do it again I would be looking at a 7' snow plow for the loader rather than a pusher. windrowing is easier than straight pushing.
  5. msu1510

msu1510 Senior Member
    from MI

i have a bobcat ct450 (50hp compact tractor) i had the tires loaded and we put a 7.5' bobcat snow plow angle blade with the boss wings added to it. It does a great job. I was afraid of putting the pusher box on it because i have heard of horror stories about bent loader arms. am hoping with the angle blade the hydrolics will give before bending the loader arms. good luck
  6. mrsnowman

mrsnowman Senior Member

If you want to get the biggest bang for your buck with a light tractor put a bobcat attachment plate on it with a pusher box and a poly cutting edge. I wouldn't go any bigger then a 6 foot box on a 30 horse. That tractor will be a cleaning and stacking machine. I also agree with msu1510, fill the tires. It makes a big difference. Check out Northshore Truck and Equipment for the pusher box and edge. They are good boxes and affordable.