1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pusher on a TLB?

Discussion in 'Pro-Tech Sno Pushers' started by michdeere, Sep 8, 2008.

1. michdeere

michdeere Member

Not sure if this is the right forum for this but....

I own a John Deere 110 TLB. It's a 4wd w/ R4 tires...about a 7,500 lb machine. It'll lift 3/4 ton w/o much trouble.

Will it effectively push a 10' pusher? The lot we'd use it on is paved and flat. Is traction the big issue with these pushers? Maybe it'd push a 12 footer? Thanks for any input.
  2. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

i would think a 8 i have worked with that tractor and 12 would be way to much 10 would be iffy
  3. salopez

salopez Senior Member

8 fiit skid steer model definately.
  4. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

I would say a 10 footer
  5. Mike S

Mike S PlowSite.com Addict

there are two guys that I know of that use 10 pusher and they like them.
  6. grsp

grsp Member
    from indiana

we run a kubota very similar to that size tractor. the one thing i can really suggest is having the rear tires filled with liquid. any tire dealer should be able to do it. it cost us around $300. we run a 10' pusher on ours, and it is very balanced. it is night and day
  7. michdeere

michdeere Member

Thanks. Are you recommending this even with the backhoe attachment still on the machine?
  8. ECO Landscaping

ECO Landscaping Junior Member

So. What size did you go with and how did it work. What cab do you have or open rops. Thinking about puting my 110 TLB is the snow this year.
  9. creativedesigns

creativedesigns PlowSite.com Addict

This machine can handle a 10 COMPACT pusher easily. The Kubota is a lil heavier than the JD110, but Im sure it'd have no problem!

10. BSDeality

BSDeality Senior Member

the M59 is a bigger animal than the 110 JD. The L48 is much more evenly matched to the 110.

How do you like the m59? I'd LOVE to upgrade from my l48 to the m59 with the cab option.
  11. blowerman

blowerman PlowSite.com Addict

Hey crea, hows the erskine pull blower holding up?
  12. creativedesigns

creativedesigns PlowSite.com Addict

For a year round machine it gets the jobs done quickly. This will be the first year with a snow pusher on'er, so we'll see how goes...

Lets just say, if the TLB had 10 pto horsepower more, I'd be runnin' with a Pronovost!