1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pusher for condos

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Italiano67, Oct 19, 2007.

1. Italiano67

Italiano67 Senior Member

Is a pusher for a condo complex with winding roads and garages etc going to be much of a benefit over vplow trucks and snow buckets on a skid? Dont want to buy one to just to let it sit and to say I have one.

2. forestfireguy

forestfireguy PlowSite.com Addict

I like pushers, that said, it really depends on how much you have to carry the snow. If the lot has lots of tight areas look into a back drag box. Especially if you have to do individual driveways.

3. Italiano67

Italiano67 Senior Member

Not really tight spots but more roads and bigger areas in frony of the garages. I work by the hour so it gets into the age old question whether I am shooting myself in the foot by buying a pusher. Going to a per push is out of the question in my area.

4. QuadPlower

QuadPlower PlowSite.com Addict

BANG

If it works for you, then it cuts your time down and you make less.

BANG

If it dosen't work for you, then you spent the money on a box blade.

5. Italiano67

Italiano67 Senior Member

Yeah you are right. I do get 20.00 per hour more for the pusher so it might pay. A no win deal probably.

6. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

This is the same as leaf removal, I buy a 3k leaf loader and it makes the job go a lot quicker....I can charge a few bucks more per hour but the job is getting done faster :dizzy: Its a wash IMO, if you are strickly "by the hour" then I certantly wouldnt be buying equipment to make things go a lot faster. If you already have suitable equipment then why go further into debt?

7. xtreem3d

xtreem3d PlowSite.com Addict

just a fwiw...here's a vid of a pusher at a condo complex

hi guys,
    wanting to hear from anyone who is using the KAGE pusher on a skid steer snow plow, looks like it could be the best of both worlds but want to make sure i'm not overlooking something.
    here's a link to a video (hope it linked up)

http://www.kageinnovation.com/video.html

8. SuperPlow Guy

SuperPlow Guy Inactive

Do more work in less time and get more customers. www.superplow.com perfect for condos and can plow in two directions.:)

9. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Great concept but what does this have to do with a SS.

10. SuperPlow Guy

SuperPlow Guy Inactive

Winding roads and garages are perfect for our product. May eliminate the need for the SS all together save money and get the job done faster.

:D

11. yamaguy

yamaguy Senior Member

WOW!! that is a nice pusher!!