1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

pusher box

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by bds landscaping, Oct 5, 2003.

1. bds landscaping

bds landscaping Junior Member

this year i got a lot that needs a loader on site i plan on renting a deere 544 or 644 and i would like to run at least a 14 foot box i went on pro techs web site and saw what they recommended but i want to get some input from someone on this site on what these machines will handle the longest pushes i will be making will be around 50 yards any input will help thanks.

2. Rob Hausrath

Rob Hausrath Member

bds-

A JD 544 will push a 14' SnoPusher without a problem, and you could probably get by with a 16' for the short pushes that you are looking at.

A JD 644 would be ideal with a 16' pusher, an 18' max... (again, only because you are loking at short pushes...)

Good Luck!

Rob

3. gordyo

gordyo Senior Member

I have a 12' pusher for my John Deere 344H loader and the loader has no problems, I could go up to at least a 14' with ease and maybe even a 16'.

4. Santo

Santo Banned

How many inches down vs. how long the push.

Instant igloo theory.

5. bds landscaping

bds landscaping Junior Member

thanks for all the replies il probibly go with a 14 foot box and a 544