1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pusher Box question

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by skywalker, Jan 14, 2011.

1. skywalker

skywalker Member
    from NW PA

I just got an 8 foot box pusher for my New Holland ls 180 2 speed skid steer, i cant get it to scape tight, anyway i can get it as tight as a plow or is it not designed to do that,thanks
  2. speralandscape

speralandscape Member

What kind of cutting edge is on it?
  3. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

It might help if you specify what brand/type of box you have... rubber or steel? sounds like you have a rubber edged pusher?
  4. fargosnowpro

fargosnowpro Member

If it has a rubber edge there isn't much you can do, aside from pre-treating your lot better? If it's steel you should be able to adjust the edge so that it sits on the ground.
  5. skywalker

skywalker Member
    from NW PA

its an 8 foot pro tech, rubber cutter edge
  6. bristolturf

bristolturf Senior Member

that rubber edge isnt going to scrape good at all. its just going to bend backwards and not cut into the snowpack
  7. dirtyscag

dirtyscag Senior Member

I had the same problem with mine pretreat the lot and drop the rubber cutting edge 1/4" below the shoes