1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pusher box plow ????

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by SnowGodFather, Jan 11, 2003.

1. SnowGodFather

SnowGodFather Member

Does anyone run a pusher or boxplow on their truck?

I saw on the Avalanch video with a box plow on a big truck.

Anyone? Got pics? Comments?
  2. mike9497

mike9497 Senior Member

i seen a setup like that in use.it was a fisher on a f450 dump.remember you can only push snow so far then you start spinning your wheels.would be nice if you can unpin them and have them swing back so you can use the plow the regular way
  3. phillyplowking1

phillyplowking1 Senior Member

I dont think there to popular i believe advalanche only sold a few of the truck models.
  4. John Allin

John Allin PlowSite.com Addict

I don't think Avalanche has sold ANY - last I heard.
  5. SnowGodFather

SnowGodFather Member

Well John, since you saw the thread...

Do you think they would have an advantage on a big truck?

Wouldn't be to much different than using a loader.
  6. phillyplowking1

phillyplowking1 Senior Member

I dont think a truck would be an advantage you cant stack with a truck.
  7. SnowGodFather

SnowGodFather Member

I stack snow with a straight plow on my truck.

I'm is St. Louis we don't get 20" of snow when it snows.

Just with all the new things out, trying to find faster more efficant ways to do things.

More properties, same amount of time.
  8. mike9497

mike9497 Senior Member

get a blizzard

GET WIDE........lol lol

have fun fixing it to lol
  9. fordman

fordman Senior Member

I think it would be good to have removable wings on a straight plow. Something like turkey wings or even homemade, which I've seen quite a few of. It's more versatile to be able to have them on when you want them and then just take them of when you don't.
    Just my 2 cents.
  10. SnowGodFather

SnowGodFather Member

We have tried the pro wings on a 7.5 western pro plow, but snapped a front drive shaft the first few minutes of plowing.(unrelated to using a plow, done to much 4 wheeling with it)

Now it needs to snow again to see how it does.
  11. butter

butter Junior Member

I run an 8ftpoly Artic plow with the removable sides. The box plow works awesome, but also has its place. On most of my accounts i have the wings on, doing parking lot aisles at a factory that runs24/7, cuts my time down considerably, clean up and moving snow on long runs(600ft-1500ft) pushes helps alot. On some of my other lots i take one wing off and row my snow, and any clean up or picking up snow trailers angle they plow towards the wing ever so slightly and she will scoop and collect. The one thing you have to watch is how much snow you collect if it is a heavy wet snow, then you might start to loose traction or run out of power. Haven't ran out of power(doesn't even fiz on the d-max) but have lost traction if you have to stop for parking lot traffic. You also have to think of how much stress you are putting on your frame of your truck. If you haven't seen a box plow work on a truck, you will be greatly suprised at how much snow you can collect. I am talking about 3-4 times as much as a straight blade.I have had snow stacked 4-5ft high the width of the blade8ft and about 7-8ftinfront of the blade and moved it. I try not to make a habit of this, but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do :nono: I have always had a straight blade and will never go back as i have the best of both blades. Personally i can see that a box plow with removable sides would be the best plow to buy over a straight or even a v-plow($$$$) Like i said, the box plow does have its place as do all the other plows just my 2 cents worth. Hope everbody is having a good season so far, as mine is allready bettere than all of last year. PLOW ON:D