1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pusher box for skidder

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by Eronningen, Oct 22, 2009.

1. Eronningen

Eronningen Senior Member

I'm looking at two versions of the pusher box for my 220 bobcat. I could buy an 8' pusher box, that directly connects to the quick connect, or I could buy a 10' pusher box that you drive into with your bucket and chain on. Price don't matter, they are both used.....I'm wondering which one would work better. I've been told that the one that direct connects is too close to the machine and will maybe chatter more and not as easily follows contours of the lot? You guys have an opinion?
  2. rob_cook2001

rob_cook2001 2000 Club Member

The one that connects to your bobtac ( quick connect) would be the best bet. I also think the 8ft would be a better size. Your 220 could push a 10ft box but only in light snow. I would get the 8ft and be happy.
  3. Eronningen

Eronningen Senior Member

THanks, anyone else?
  4. Knockah22

Knockah22 Senior Member

I agree with Rob, 8ft is what you want. I have not seen to many people using the bucket mount style pusher on skid loaders. And if you're skid steer offers a quick connect from in the cab it would allow you to change attachments with out leaving the cab. I would imagine that chaining up the pusher to the bucket every storm would get old. Just a thought.