1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Push Type Salt Spreader

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Green Boys Lawn, Jan 2, 2008.

1. Green Boys Lawn

Green Boys Lawn Junior Member

Does anyone know who makes a good push-type salt spreader? High output - For driveways and sidewalks. I'd like one with deflectors, so I can use it on sidewalks. If it would also work for fertilizer and grass seed that would be a plus.
  2. StoneDevil

StoneDevil Senior Member

snowdogg makes one that can hold 100# me i use a scottsbroad caster hold 10# maybe
  3. terrapro

terrapro PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

snow dogg by buyers. around $200 or less but its worth it. if you want it to it will spread 50lbs very very quickly, under 15 seconds i would guess.
  4. ironsales

ironsales Junior Member

I run a Earthway 2170. 100 pound poly hopper pneumatic tires. I have run sand/salt through it with no problem. About $125-$150. Mine is 5 years old and I have done small parking lots with it. Great to be able to get in between cars and salt underneath. I do not have salt deflectors and IMO never seen a need for them. Link for spreader is http://earthway.com/21702006.htm
  5. Hambrick & Co.

Hambrick & Co. PlowSite.com Addict

I also use Earthway spreaders. I have a 100# cap one and a 50# cap. I use the 100 for some small lots, and the 50# with the skirts for side walks. I have not had a problem with either thus far.
  6. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

You need to buy a spreader that has one large opening in the bottom instead of 3 or more openings. With one opening you will be able to spread bulk salt. You can spread bagged salt through most spreaders. Most of the good spreaders make a deflector kit for them.

I have an Agrifab that holds 125lbs.
  7. ADK

ADK Member

I've been using this one from Tractor Supply for 3 years now. Holds up good, but you do need to wash it off once and a while. Bought mine for $95.00 with a few floor scratches on it.