1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Push Spreaders

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by columbiaplow, Mar 9, 2007.

1. columbiaplow

columbiaplow Junior Member

Our company started a new contract this year. Part of the contract is applying sand on the sidewalks and not chemical. We have earthway spreaders and they didn't work good, no matter if the sand was dry or not. Any good suggestions on a better spreader?

2. Ocean Side

Ocean Side Member

LESCO HD-1 ASK ANYONE, $150.00 and you cannot go wrong with one!

3. M&M Services

M&M Services Senior Member
    from midwest

I have a buyers Ice Breaker..and it works great...

4. bam

bam Senior Member
    from .

Agri Fab makes a walk behind spreader with a large 1"x2" opening. One of our clients used to provide several for sand application on their city sidewalks. They worked pretty well.

5. hammerstein

hammerstein Senior Member

I have that Argi-Fab broadcast spreader it works great with bagged salt or calcium but will not spread bulk salt even with the screen out so I am sure that it will not spread sand. The side walk deflectors for it work great and is well worth it.

6. columbiaplower

columbiaplower Senior Member

Whats your reasoning for not spreading any type of chemical? The lesco unit is not a bad choice. Nice name BTW:rolleyes:

7. Ronslawncare07

Ronslawncare07 Junior Member

is there a spreader you can use the bulk treated sand i got one i use from home depot for fertilizer not a good tool to use in the winter any ideas

8. columbiaplower

columbiaplower Senior Member

The only way any sands gonna go thru it is if its nice and dry, bulk treated will be so wet and messy, with out a two stage unit, your not gonna have any luck.
    -Nick

9. CARDOCTOR

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

5Gallon bucket and a scooper

john

10. Idealtim

Idealtim Senior Member

I have to ask the obvious, why is this in the pics forum? Were you hopeing to get pics from some one of the best setup?