1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Push Spreader

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by Pestyspecial, Oct 14, 2014.

1. Pestyspecial

Pestyspecial Junior Member

What is the best (in your opinion), push spreader on the market for both spreading ice melt and rock salt? Not at the same time of coarse, but on the same property.

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Spyker ss. What's the difference between ice melt and rock salt btw?

3. AO8

AO8 Junior Member
    from IL

I just got an earthway spreader with the single port opening for bigger materials like rock salt and couldn't be happier with it. Doesn't get clogged up and its easy to push. Definitely get the side deflector kit for it though I like it more than any of the other side deflector kits out there. Hope this helps

4. charliemill

charliemill Junior Member
    from 68104

I have a prize lawn it works well. Came with a hopper deflector thing for sidewalks also

5. AO8

AO8 Junior Member
    from IL

I was going to get the prizelawn it looks great, the price difference is what lead me to the earthway. You get what you pay for though