1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Push Spreader

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by craigd, Feb 3, 2013.

1. craigd

craigd Member

I'm looking for the best push spreader out there. I've been using the standard agri-fab spreaders for years with pretty good results. I'm currently looking at the stainless agri-fab with enclosed gears or the spyker 120lb pro. The spyker looks like the cadillac of spreaders...but at over 50 pounds and $500 i'm not completely sold. By the way, our trucks have pull plows, so a tailgate spreader is out of the question. Does anyone have an opinion of these 2 spreaders or experience with either. Thanks.

TJSNOW Senior Member

The "Best" spreader out there is a Epoke Spreader....But, the best spreader comes at a price ...But its worth every penny......payup
  3. craigd

craigd Member

I thought epoke only made drop spreaders...am I wrong? I'm salting small/medium sized lots so i'm looking at broadcast style.
  4. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

snow ex use to make a nice one

TJSNOW Senior Member

Thought we were talking walks...........My mistake.....:cool:
  6. PSDnate

PSDnate Junior Member

I have the blue earhway and really like it
  7. kawasaki guy

kawasaki guy Senior Member

The Shindaiwa spreaders have great productivity at a great price.

You can get a 50 LB wb broadcast for only $90.00.

And, I have 1.
  8. allseasons87

allseasons87 Senior Member

Lesco 80lb
  9. cj7plowing

cj7plowing Senior Member

lesco stainless spreader and done.

I have used and trashed almost every steel spreader out there , they siezed up get twisted rot and die

4 years ago I bought 5 lesco's on sale and they are all like the day I bought them. the only thing I did to them was take a step bit and drill the holes out a little on the 2 I put rock salt through. They havegone weeks without get washed off and having calcium, mag, and salt stuck to them. you can find them on craigslist.
  10. Karlboro

Karlboro Junior Member

11. dieselboy01

dieselboy01 Senior Member

I have the 80 lb cap. salt dogg SS, picked it up used and never had an issue.