1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Push spreader for Magic Salt

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by ksimpson, Oct 25, 2004.

1. ksimpson

ksimpson Junior Member

Hi guys....just want some feedback for the best brand or model. We ran Magic Salt for the fiest time last year and it worked great from out of the tail gate spreaders (w/vibration kit), but had trouble with the sidewalk crew spreaders. Any ideas?

2. avalancheplow

avalancheplow Senior Member

What type of tailgate spreader do you have?

3. qualitylawncare

qualitylawncare Senior Member

We run Lesco Stainless Steel 80lb broadcast spreaders.. About $350 a piece but worth every penny!

www.lesco.com :nod:

4. ksimpson

ksimpson Junior Member

Thanks

We run Buyers on the trucks, Avalanche. Thanks for the feedback, Quality. I have looked at them before. Have you run Magic Salt through them before? That product is so heavy that any type of spreader I have bought has a hell of a type flowing through the holes. I may have to retro-fit (drill) so bigger holes, or do something different with the spinner.

5. qualitylawncare

qualitylawncare Senior Member

No I haven't but I've run Lesco Polyvex fert through it and it's about the same size as salt. I doubt you would have any problems. pumpkin: