1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Push Salt Spreaders for bulk salt

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by chapman, Jan 29, 2014.

1. chapman

chapman Junior Member

Looking for the best push spreader that will do a good job with spreading bulk salt(Road Salt). I am not really interested in the most expensive since my guys have a hard time taking good care of equipment that gets taken on and off the back of the truck. I plan on just buying a carbon steel frame. The central parts spreader looks decent and they say its the best for the money. Anybody purchased one of these? Im not sure i can take their word for truth
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2014
  2. bluejlandscaper

bluejlandscaper Member

Don't waste money on a cheap spreader. I have two SnowEx push models. Worth every penny of their cost. I've used the cheap models in the past, but no comparison. Take my advise, as I've been in the business for 44 years now!

3. twgranger

twgranger Senior Member
    from .

snowex 2130 model. Made for roadsalt with the big hole in the hopper, works great
  4. mtstclair

mtstclair Member
    from indiana

earthway 2040 high flow spreader there about a hundred bucks they spread bulk well
  5. bam

bam Senior Member
    from .

SnowEx. They have a drop spreader or broadcast spreader.

They're not cheap, but they also last a long time, so long term you will spend less money.

We have used Meyers hotshots, lesco, earthways in the past and they all break. The Meyers was a total piece of junk.