1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Push/pull modification

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Big Dog D, Nov 4, 2006.

1. Big Dog D

Big Dog D PlowSite.com Addict

Just got done modifying the mounting brackets on our "new" ProTech push pull. We ordered it last January and it came in toward the end of February and we never got a chance to use it due to the lack of snow. I bought it with the intention of using it on our new Cat 268 and also wanted to use it on my 410E equipped with a JRB hyd quick coupler. I spoke with the people at ProTech and they said they couldn't do both because they would interfere with each other and to pick one. Well I went with the skid steer coupler and figured that we could try to come up with something ourselves after. Well here are pics of the finished product(less paint). Really wasn't all that hard just took a couple of hours of looking and figuring and back and forth ideas till we came up with a workable solution.

For any body considering buying one, don't plan on using it as a "puller" if you are going to chain it into the bucket there is just too much slop and play to make it feasible.

Pusher pic 1.jpg

2. Big Dog D

Another pic.

pusher pic 2.jpg

3. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

Thats slick. I assume you are going to remove the studs for the bucket mount now?

4. fernalddude

fernalddude PlowSite.com Addict

Big D got to love the guys that say you cant do that. If its made it can be changed just got to have the tools and a brain. Hope we can see it hooked up and painted. What did you use to cut the mounts out plasma or torch?

5. Big Dog D

No they aren't in the way of anything so I figured that I would leave them for the event I ever got or needed another machine to use it on as a pusher only.

6. Big Dog D

Torched em.:yow!:

They are right that it couldn't be done in the conventional way. If you notice in one pic the top "hooks" are slightly offset from the bottom ears. They are usually lined up on to of each other, but there was additional space on top of the coupler on the machine to move them outboard about 3'' each and that allowed us to have it mate up to both.