1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Push Plates

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Old Man, Nov 30, 2009.

1. Old Man

Old Man Junior Member

Trying to install a fisher minute man II plow to a 2002 Tundra and they did not make push plates for that year Tundra. I have the push plates that came of a 2006 Silverado, any suggestions on if I can modify/fabricate these to fit?

2. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

What size MM are you putting on? They do make Push Plates for your truck....there just Homesteaders though.

3. Old Man

Old Man Junior Member

Its a 7'6" Minute Man, will the homesteader push plates fit it?

4. RepoMan207

from Maine

ahhh, no. Sorry. On the back of the blade in the top left hand corner does it say 7' 6" SD?

On a side note....which your probably already aware of, there is a reason why Fisher didn't make push plates for it to begin with. It can't handle anything more then the homesteader. I checked. the 08 was the first year you could put that plow on, & it is different frame & body style all together from what I have been told.

5. Old Man

Old Man Junior Member

Thanks Repo Man, I had to fabricate push plates, it's a MM light duty and only for a driveway so it will be OK. I had to change out the wire harnesses from the control box to the headlights as the Tundra was three prong lights not halogens, I'm having a problem with the passenger side plow headlight not working on low beam and high beam comes on but the control box will buzz, also the right blinker does not work either. I tried changing sides with the plugs at the control box but that didn't work, I also swapped the small jumper wire on the end of a plug at the control box thats suppose to make both headlights work when only one lights up but no luck. Any suggestions???
    Thax
    Old Man

6. RepoMan207

from Maine

What are you running for a light harness part number, and what is the ISO Module part number?

7. sjones

sjones Junior Member
    from ct.

Buy american!!!!!!!!!!

8. RepoMan207

from Maine

Take a look at an American car, about 10% of it is actually made here, the rest is all out sourced! Could we try an keep this on topic.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2009