1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

push plates

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by andyman0291, Dec 4, 2008.

1. andyman0291

andyman0291 Senior Member

is it required to remove the bumper off of my 2001 ford f250 to install fisher minute mount push plates? i know the directions say so, but didnt know if there was another trick.

if you must take it off, does anybody know any hints on an easy way to do so?

any help/pictures are greatly appreciated.

2. Buster F

Buster F Senior Member

Removing the bumper is probably the easiest part of the install. Unplug the driving lights, remove the four bolts in front and if i recall there's 1 or 2 bolts in the side brackets and you're done. Make sure to support the bumper or have someone hold it for you because it's awkward to try and do it alone. Good luck, Roy
  3. Bumper

The bumper has to come off regardless if you want to take it off or not, because you have to put a spacer between the bumper mount and the frame to space it forwards slightly---Why, I don't know, but it's in the instructions.