1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Push Plates

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by unhcp, Aug 8, 2012.

1. unhcp

unhcp PlowSite.com Addict

2. nealybird

nealybird Senior Member

what year truck are you needing it for? the Laramie trim pkg didn't start until the '06's.

Fisher's service bulletin from 2005 explains it like this:

'The 2006 Dodge Ram 2500 and 3500 “Laramie” edition trucks have a new trim
    package that causes bumper interference with the fit-up of the 7170-1 mount kit.
    These kits have now been redesigned to eliminate this issue and the part number for
    the new mount kit will be 7170-2. This new kit will back fit to 2003, ....
    Your current 7170-1 kits will fit all of the 2006 vehicle applications, except those
    with the Laramie trim package.'

I edited out the part warning not to mix one side of the old kit with the other side of the newer version because of height differences.

3. unhcp

hmm, how can you tell the difference though?

4. nealybird

nealybird Senior Member

I don't know how to explain the exact dimensional differences, but if you are looking to buy some from this guy on Ebay, we already established that he knows what he's talking about on your other thread. and on neither thread did you ever answer the question about exactly what truck you have.

so what is it that you are really trying to do? Do you HAVE some of these that you are trying to identify so you can sell them? If so, just SAY that. What did you accomplish from the Chevy thread? you say it was a success. did you buy a one of those mounts? I'm sorry, I don't want to be rude, but I just don't get what you are trying do.

5. unhcp

I have a few different mounts and I am looking to identify what they will fit. I will probably sell them or hook up some friends depending on what they fit.

6. brad96z28

brad96z28 PlowSite.com Addict

The difference on those is the extra rib in the back of the plates first pic is -1 second pic is -2 the dash - 2 hang a little lower to help clear the bumper on larime and newer models. And good firggen luck putting the bumper on or taking it off once these are installed.

7. unhcp

hmm extra rib? I don't see it

8. brad96z28

You cant see that rib on the first picture just infront of the single rear bolt hole? Notice its absent on the second picture.

9. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

LOL!, Glad i wasn't the only one!

10. unhcp

got it thanks!

11. brad96z28

What works for me to get it back on is a floor jack and a block of wood. I would love to see some poor bugger try to get it back off lol. :laughing: