1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Push Plates

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by unhcp, Aug 6, 2012.

1. unhcp

unhcp PlowSite.com Addict

I can usually tell the difference between what push plates go on what truck. But I am having a problem with the difference between 7161 and 7169, is there a effective way to tell?

2. nealybird

nealybird Senior Member

3. unhcp

4. nealybird

nealybird Senior Member

ok, now we're getting somewhere. so, you are looking for a mount for your Chevy truck, which must be an 03-10? all three of these mounts on ebay are from the same guy, and they all look like 7161's to me. So, I'd say they are all three for the 99-02, despite what he says. And you are right, there is hardly any difference between 7161 and 7169, because the Chevy frames didn't change too much in '03. but Fisher wouldn't have come out with the new version if they didn't have to, so I wouldn't risk it. Better find one that looks like the 7169 pic.
    ... I just checked with our shop, and they say the '03 bumper is deeper than the 99-02, so if you put the 7161 mount on the newer trucks they may bolt up but your plow will hit the bumper or grill or something. Therefore, the overall length of the newer bracket must be longer. So I guess if you have the guy compare the length on the three he has, and he finds they are all the same, then they all must be 7161's.

5. unhcp

Yes you are right on, they would be too short.

6. brad96z28

brad96z28 PlowSite.com Addict

There very easy to tell apart the first pic is 7161 and the 2nd two are 7169 and 7169 fit 99 to 2010. not 03 to 10 they discontinued the 7161 beacuse they are a couple inches shorter then the superseeded 7169 due to the bumper change in 03.

7. brad96z28

brad96z28 PlowSite.com Addict

In telling them apart just look at they ear on the inside 7161 has a perfectly square ear 7169 are angled pay no attention the the rear of the braket as there was a design change a couple years ago where they made the back of the plate round. newer 7169 have a round back the older ones had the sharp angle. makes no difference. And if you need a set I have plenty of them.

brad

8. nealybird

nealybird Senior Member

yes, I see Brad is right. those pieces that wrap around the frame are swept back on the newer ones, and straight up on the older one. And he's also right about the 7169 retrofitting back to 99. I don't know why the parts list for the 7169 just says 03-10. the price list shows 7161 obsolete and replaced by 7169.

9. unhcp

Awesome thanks

10. unhcp

I have a pair of these and never got a straight answer of what they fit.

11. nealybird

nealybird Senior Member

you got straight answers to your questions. you never said you had a set, you never said what you took them off of, you never showed us a pic of them. you were shown how to tell the difference between the older version and the newer version. I don't know how anyone help you anymore with the info you have given us to work from.

12. unhcp

I got a set off a junkyard and no one before this thread could tell me what they fit, everyone told me they were 7161 and didnt know how to tell the difference between the 7161 and 7169 visually. They are really 7169s though.

I got great answers!

Last edited: Aug 9, 2012
  13. 7d9_z28

7d9_z28 Senior Member

This thread isn't killer old, So ill revive with a question...

If I am reading correct... Fisher MM1 push plates for an 03-07 2500hd WILL fit an 01 2500hd?

14. unhcp

yes they will

15. 7d9_z28

7d9_z28 Senior Member

Excellent, thank you! This just made my search alot easier. I bought a used EZ-V 8.5 with a mount that was welded to the frame of a truck like mine... But its for a ford or dodge... I CAN make it work... But Id rather get the right ones.

:salute: Thanks!