1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Push plates too narrow for plow.

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by 96DodgeRam, Sep 29, 2013.

1. I'm installing 7170-2 push plates on my 07 Dodge Diesel.
    I have the plates jacked into place and bumper brackets put in place and bolted tight before drilling the 3 holes in the frame .
    The manual says the distance should be 29 1/8 , but I have only 28 5/8 .
    Sure enough I checked the my brand new Extreme V , and it wont be fitting in . If I had an extra !/4 inch it would squeeze in .
    My question is should I grind off the rear spacer on the outside hole , so the push plate will twist an !/8 of an inch ?
    I just may work , or should I just hit the plates with a FBH ?

2. road2damascus

road2damascus PlowSite.com Addict

I think i would need a disclaimer if i was to give you my opinion.

3. Gotter done , a few smacks with the BFH an I now have 1/16 of an inch slack . Not much but it fits . What a beautiful looking plow . The hydraulics is lightening fast . I sprung for the stainless steel moldboard glad that I did . Will post a picture soon . :)

4. road2damascus

road2damascus PlowSite.com Addict

I would like to see the pictures. I love stainless and galvanized plows like goldfinger loves gold.

Right now the count is at 4 galvanized plows 1 galvanized spreader and one stainless plow.